BH Joystick Issue

/ BH Joystick Issue #11  
I purchased something very similar or even the same for my FEL. I found it on eBay. In EBay search Buyrightauto. That is the eBay store name.

/ BH Joystick Issue #13  
Gunkiness:

View attachment 712091

Odd, because the rustier one on the left is OK (for now). The right one is where the trouble was. Got it working temporarily until I can find the rod end ball joint.

I'm not sure how water got in there since both boots were sealed at the rings marked with the arrows.

Cleaned it out with Gunk, then carb cleaner and air, then gobbed it all with marine grease. Will leave it open for a while until I get parts, maybe longer.
When you park your chit outside this should be no surprise!

/ BH Joystick Issue
Diggin, give John a call at Progressive Power. He is about the only person I could get to even sell me a Walvoil valve. He is a good guy and did provide parts. This was a few years ago so he may not work there anymore but someone there should help.
He's still there, but he says Wavoil can't identify the parts based on the pictures and dimensions I sent.
I purchased something very similar or even the same for my FEL. I found it on eBay. In EBay search Buyrightauto. That is the eBay store name.
Found them, and they show an item with M8s at both ends and one with an M6 stud and M8 housing (opposite of what I need). Sent an inquiry and they replied they don't have the one I need.

But then I found this site, also in Bushnell, IL and showing exactly the same pictures.

That site indeed shows the one (I think) I need and for a much better price in a quantity of 4 that I would take:

They also show this that should work for the third one in each side:

I have an inquiry in to them to confirm a couple of questions, but it looks like I might be able to get all six items for under $25 shipped.

/ BH Joystick Issue #15  
He's still there, but he says Wavoil can't identify the parts based on the pictures and dimensions I sent.

Found them, and they show an item with M8s at both ends and one with an M6 stud and M8 housing.
I have an inquiry in to them to confirm a couple of questions, but it looks like I might be able to get all six items for under $25 shipped.

I came mighty close with my guess of $2.42 each,,
Hmmmmmmm,, maybe I better run out and guess me up a lottery ticket!!

/ BH Joystick Issue #16  
Pulling a few stumps this morning and one of the main joysticks started to loosen up. It still works, just wobbles. I opened the one cover and loosened the top plate and this is what I see. The red arrow points to the wobbley spot. There is a rubber boot covering whatever's under there and it's held by a tywrap.

Is there anything under there I can do anything with? A nut to be tightened? I don't want to open it and find something broken.

View attachment 711991
if you remove that boot you should see loose or broken stuff

/ BH Joystick Issue #17  
A few of us that had the Xj w/ the BH had similar issues of water infiltration. It likely all started when they were sitting on the lot. My guess is just about everyone's controls are susceptible to this. I cleaned mine up and re-lubed, some did a sealant. Mine is kept undercover. Jimerig did a YouTube video.

/ BH Joystick Issue #18  
Sorry for your troubles but you got me thinking and I moved my BH back into a lean-to behind my barn. It’s been out in the weather for about a month and I never imagined the controls getting that rusty under the boots.

/ BH Joystick Issue #19  
I had exactly that happen to mine. When I get home tonight, I will take a couple pics of what I did to fix it. I got the joints from Midwest Control Products, and some bushings and hardware from McMaster Carr. While not quite factory, it works fine, and I bought enough to rebuild both sides twice if necessary.

/ BH Joystick Issue #20  
Sorry for your troubles but you got me thinking and I moved my BH back into a lean-to behind my barn. It’s been out in the weather for about a month and I never imagined the controls getting that rusty under the boots.
Makes sense as water under the boots will not evaporate and simply grow rust.
Perhaps a heavy dose of 'chain oil' (liquid grease) might be a deterrent.