Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #21  
The loader cross tube mounting brackets that came with the W&R Long 3rd function valves work fine on my Kubota L6060 and MX5800:

P1090123b.jpg
P1090124b.jpg

One vertical, the other horizontal. Both are at a convenient height for making hose connections. The vice grips are a tool I made for opening the connectors.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #22  

has brackets, with breakaway couplers mounted. And just plane brackets. Plus a large selection of couplers.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #23  
Appreciate the ideas presented here. Thanks to the OP for the thread.
My lines for the grapple (The Thumb) are not anchored but "being studied" for mounting.
Ran the hyd. lines down the left side from the rear connecting couplers, a disconnect at the FEL mount when the FEL comes off for winter snowplow, and at the front of FEL for when grapple is used.
The handy vice grip tool fabbed by bdhsfz6 is quite interesting, and some more detail would be appreciated, if possible.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #24  
The handy vice grip tool fabbed by bdhsfz6 is quite interesting, and some more detail would be appreciated, if possible.

Looks like Vice Grip welding pliers, probably modified to just fit over the OD of the coupler.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #25  
See post #6 in this thread:

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #26  
Looks like Vice Grip welding pliers, probably modified to just fit over the OD of the coupler.
Correct.

Just a little work with an angle grinder opens the jaw enough to fit the notch in the coupler barrel:

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #27  
The breakaway couplers have the sleeve fixed, and as the body moves it releases. This means that you can push or pull on the hose to connect or disconnect.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #28  
Just mount them ,,so you don't have to
bust a knuckle or strain your back to hook up
or apart .

Own6AT1.jpg
The way those are mounted seem like they would be a strain. You have to straddle your attachment plate and push sideways, while holding the attachment hose in one hand and pulling back the collar with the other.

/ Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #29  
Anyone have suggestions for how to best mount these on the loader? PN for a plate or other idea? Which direction is best?

Thanks!
I mounted a check-block in the gusset stiffener of my loader with disconnects directly below. I have a 25" spring to manage any hydraulic hose movement from the curling function. Waiting on my supply hoses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_071423_Swann Security.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_071423_Swann Security.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
   / Best way to mount hydralic hookups for grapple #30  
Mine is set up a bit different, it can be a pain at times;
rear to front remotes3.jpg

If I was to redo it I'd be tempted to mount it sideways.