Best time to get driveway repaved?

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #2  
Wherever the road crew is laying new asphalt next door. Being from a no winter kinda state I would think spring to let it settle and get more compacted before winter???

Brett

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #3  
Can you define "repaved"? Is it a full overlay? Or just a slurry or fog/oil coat? Or removal and replacement? Some of these processes like different timing.

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #4  
It's funny, because my in laws just had this question and it was answered by the local "major paver".

He said the best time is on the hottest day of the year.

They have a parking lot which needs repaved. And last week they called the local pavers. They (pavers) said perhaps they had one more week to have it done.

I have no experience... but I was surprised by the answer.

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #5  
It's funny, because my in laws just had this question and it was answered by the local "major paver".

He said the best time is on the hottest day of the year.

They have a parking lot which needs repaved. And last week they called the local pavers. They (pavers) said perhaps they had one more week to have it done.

I have no experience... but I was surprised by the answer.

Yep, exactly! New pavement does best when hot. In cool climates the asphalt company/suppliers will shut down when it's too cold. However, if it's a slurry repair/repave and the existing has damage and or cracking I'd be inclined to put something down before winter to slow the damage and add/repair next summer.

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #6  
Anytime it is warm enough to get compacted prior to cooling for an overlay. For slurreys the hot days are better as most products are water emulsion. The heat will cure the slurred quicker.
In Cincinnati I have paved roads in every month but January. Interstates and major roads can have a different asphalt cement that requires higher ground temperature than parking lot asphalt.

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #7  
Best may be when the sub base is dry and well compacted.

/ Best time to get driveway repaved?
The current asphalt is cracked and it looks very bad. It was cracked some when we moved here in 1978 but the cracks are now a half inch wide instead of barely noticeable. The guy who came out and measured said they would put a 1-1/2" thick overlay on it. There are two places with concrete which will be taken up and will have a 6" base and 2" asphalt. The same base and asphalt in places where the turnaround will be widened.

I think I will call them and schedule for late June, early July next year.

RSKY

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #9  
Risky
What is the condition of the concrete areas. If good you can place asphalt over them.
Seal the cracks before overlaying the existing asphalt.
You still have two months of paving weather left in this year if contractor is looking for work and will give price break

/ Best time to get driveway repaved? #10  
The current asphalt is cracked and it looks very bad. It was cracked some when we moved here in 1978 but the cracks are now a half inch wide instead of barely noticeable. The guy who came out and measured said they would put a 1-1/2" thick overlay on it. There are two places with concrete which will be taken up and will have a 6" base and 2" asphalt. The same base and asphalt in places where the turnaround will be widened.

I think I will call them and schedule for late June, early July next year.

RSKY
I had a contractor patch a 10'x10' area and look at the rest of my driveway, which is badly cracked and he did an overlay on a small part of it and told me " watch it til spring and you will see the same cracks come through the overlay" he was right of course, the only problem for me is to do it right it needs to be pulverized in place, compacted, and graded then a 3"
course of asphalt.My driveway is 860' long and the best price i found was $25K.