Best Spray on Bed liner

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #21  
I started doing our own for me and friends. I get kits from Raptor. Cost is about $125 for a standard bed and throw away pneumatic gun. Done quite a few now. 1 hour prep time. 1 hour masking time. 1 hour spray time. You need a helper but even my wife can mix it and help me. I spray in the backyard in the evening the put it in the garage.

Looks just as good and performs just as good as any other.

This is not a cheap Autozone roll on kit. Its a professional kit used industry wide.

Chris

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #22  
Another vote for slippery plastic liner. I'm always sliding heavy objects around in the back and its much easier on the back and arms if the surface is slippery. This is why God invented tie down straps. It also has ridges that your load sits on so if it rains, there isn't a puddle of water.

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #23  
I suspect your issue was improper surface preparation. Just guessing though.
Yep, pretty much the key to any adhesive bonded material application. The most important step is surface prep!!!

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #24  
possable the dealer had it installed before I bought the truck new

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #25  
I've had Rhino in 3 different trucks since 1999, no convenient LineX at least at time. Currently still have 2 of the trucks. Like the others said it does fade some, it is softer which keeps stuff from sliding. Rhino at least the thicker soft coating will get cut.

I would purchase again, probably come down to dealer(similar to tractors/trucks) if I was in a different area.

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #26  
Had Line-X done on my 2007 Tundra, and it's still perfect. I'd definitely go the same route again next time.

/ Best Spray on Bed liner
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like Linex and Rhino are both good products, Rhino may fade though.

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #28  
I started doing our own for me and friends. I get kits from Raptor. Cost is about $125 for a standard bed and throw away pneumatic gun. Done quite a few now. 1 hour prep time. 1 hour masking time. 1 hour spray time....Chris

Chris,
What procedure do you use for 'prep'?

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #29  
Chris,
What procedure do you use for 'prep'?

Power was, scuff with Scotch Brite pad, sand rough areas, wire wheel gouges/rust, wipe down with Prep All. Prep All is a pre-paint wax and particle stripper.

Chris

/ Best Spray on Bed liner #30  
Well the OP asked about spray-on but I noticed some talk about drop-in plastic liners so I'll add my 2 cents -- get one of these:

http://www.bedrug.com/products/bed-liners/bed-rug.html

I've had one in my truck for over 15 years now and it's the best liner I've ever owned. It doesn't fade, doesn't stain, and the bed won't dent underneath it. And the padding under it is really nice on your knees when you climb in and out of the bed.

Or if you want the look of a spray-on they make a product that is basically the same spray-on material bonded to a foam backing:
http://www.bedrug.com/products/bed-liners/bed-tred-pro.html

P.S. - I have nothing to do with the company, I'm just very happy with the product so thought I would add my thoughts. If you're sold on a spray-on liner then ignore this post.

Last edited: