Best midsized SUV

/ Best midsized SUV #41  
Is towing capacity important? Wife's current Honda pilot with tow package 5-6k max has a factory tranny cooler, receiver etc. The few times we had to short tow our 21' pontoon and very occasionally a 2 place snowmobile trailer it would do it but was a little uncomfortable and horribly inefficient fuel wise vs towing with a full size SUV or truck.

/ Best midsized SUV #42  
What about gas mileage? Are you looking also at the MPG for the vehicles you are choosing between?

/ Best midsized SUV
Is towing capacity important? Wife's current Honda pilot with tow package 5-6k max has a factory tranny cooler, receiver etc. The few times we had to short tow our 21' pontoon and very occasionally a 2 place snowmobile trailer it would do it but was a little uncomfortable and horribly inefficient fuel wise vs towing with a full size SUV or truck.
No...towing not important.

My only trailers are a 12k dump and a 14k equip. Both of which get yanked behind the ram dually.

Just need room for ball bags....or kids friends.

/ Best midsized SUV
What about gas mileage? Are you looking also at the MPG for the vehicles you are choosing between?
Yes and no.

I don't want a fullsize like a suburban and get 14mpg.

But it seems all of the midsize are comparable in 18-20 city and 25ish highway.

I'm not splitting hairs....if one "specs" 24 and another "specs" 26.....it ain't a deal breaker either way. Other factors, like features, age, mileage, condition, etc would be my deciding factor and not MPG