Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #1  

jahmes143

Tractor
Deere 5R
Now that EA is out of business, what's the next best substitute for a variety of implements? Right now looking for a landscape rake and a blade that can be manually offset (to side of tractor). Quality is important, price is less important. Is Land Pride the next best thing?

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #2  
Bush Hog makes sturdy landscape rakes, varying sizes and weights, though they're a little pricey.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #5  
I have - Land Pride, Rhino, Bush Hog, Wallenstein and Pittsburg. All are excellent implements.

I've found, thru experience, the lower quality implements simply do not hold up.

If you are serious about getting the job/project completed - it's important that you have an implement that is up to the task.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #6  
Land Pride makes a high quality landscape rake if you get the LR 37 series.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #7  
I just got a rear blade from Iron Craft. 7ft. It is pretty nice. My 7ft heavy duty landscape rake is a tuffline. It has been great. Paid a little more to get the heavy duty one but well worth it for a landscape rake. Tines are strong.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #8  
Here are my thoughts
Landscape rake
York - York Rakes, Dethatchers & Landscape Equipment | York Modern Corp. they make the best rakes with the most options.
Woods
Landpride

Good blades are made by;
Rhino / Bush Hog
Woods
Landpride

There are lots of great equipment manufactures out there besides Everything Attachments. EA made good equipment, but in most cases there was better equipment out there. What are you looking for in a rake? What are you looking for in a back blade?

If money was not a concern and I had a JD 5R then I would go for one of these back blades with a gauge wheel. They are all vastly superior to the EA back blades.

Rhino
1540, 1700 lbs
2500, 2120 lbs

Bush Hog 225, 2120 lbs

Woods RB96.60, 730 lbs
Woods RB850, 1233 lbs

Landpride RBT4596, 1130 lbs

I have no loyalty to equipment manufactures. I have Alamo, Bradco, Ford, Gill, Greenline, Howse, Howard, Massey Ferguson, Stout. My back blade is a Ford 785A made by Arps and it has manual offset which was a criteria for me so I could reach over and clean ditches out without getting in them.

Post what your criteria is and folks will offer suggestions that will either fit your criteria or "buy what I have because its the best".

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #9  
If money was not a concern and I had a JD 5R then I would go for one of these back blades with a gauge wheel
I would definitely get gauge wheels for either rock rake or back blade, if you plan to use them much.

/ Best Everything Attachments (EA) Alternative? Landscape Rake, etc. #10  
Regarding rear blades. I had a HD rear blade for both my tractors. 42+ years using a rear blade. Currently it's a Rhino 950 @ 1000+ pounds - seven feet wide.

A rear blade can be a real PITA for grading a gravel driveway. It's great for snow removal and cleaning out ditches. The problem is - when the front tires on your tractor go UP - the rear blade goes DOWN. And vs versa. Gauge wheels supposedly help a lot. I do not know.

I know it's a real game - trying to keep the rear blade grading a smooth path when going over lumps, bumps and whoop-de-doos.

I have a LPGS (land plane grading scraper) with scarifiers for maintaining my mile long gravel driveway in the summer. I also use my ROBB( role over box blade) for driveway maintenance. The LPGS is easy to learn/use. Just drop and drag.

I never have to grade the entire length of my driveway. Just a spot here and there along its length. Yesterday I graded two spots with the LPGS. They ended up flat and smooth as a pool table. That will be it - until this time next year.

I don't have gauge wheels for my Rhino rear blade. I'm not too sure that this type of setup would break the crust that forms when my driveway dries out. The surface is a combination of gravel, sand, silt and volcanic ash. The surface becomes as hard as concrete. I use the scarifiers on the LPGS if I have to break this crust.

Last edited: