Best bang/buck landscape rake?

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #11  
   / Best bang/buck landscape rake? #13  
I'd like to have a 3 point landscape rake, probably 6ft, 40hp.
It won't be used all that much, mainly raking small limbs, pulling brush, etc.
I don't want something flimsy that will break, but don't need a $1,500-$2,000 super heavy duty one either.
Anyone know best bang for the buck? Maybe around $600-$1,000?
Used...I don't see any.
Thanks.
I never thought I'd own a 3 pt rake but I do a lot of work for a guy who had a tree shredder come in and shred a bunch of his trees. I decided to buy one to rake them up into burn piles. Bought a new aftermarket, no name on the product for $600 in early summer from one of my local used tractor and equipment dealers....also Bush Hog and other new equip dealer. Very heavy duty, tynes durable, 360 rotation, even on my smallest (25 hp) tractor. Now that I have it I am amazed at what I do with it.....lots of things you never thought of.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #14  
Buy a heavy duty rake..You will much more happier.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #15  
I bought a slightly used 7' Lienbach a few years ago for $350 at an auction. Heavy and well built.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #16  
I've never used a land rake, so I have a question .... These look like they are designed to snag large rocks out of the ground and launch them into the rear glass of a cab ... Yes?/No?

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #17  
I've never used a land rake, so I have a question .... These look like they are designed to snag large rocks out of the ground and launch them into the rear glass of a cab ... Yes?/No?
No... I bought an EA extreme heavy duty; no comparison in the superior quality to other brands.

Attachments

• 20131023_143536_resized.jpg
    20131023_143536_resized.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 745

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #18  
I bought an ATV-style rake for the back of my Case garden tractor earlier this year and before i settled on that I looked at all the options on the cheap end of the spectrum, mostly 3pt units (I have a Kubota with a 3pt as well) and as of 2021 the cheapest 3pt landscape rakes are $600 and up. There is NOTHING in the sub-$400 range other than 1 cat0 rake for garden tractors, and ATV style rakes that basically attach to a 2" receiver hitch. Having said that, im very happy with the little ATV one i bought. It has a trip latch to release whatever you're dragging but I put it on a ~3 foot long 2" square bar off the receiver hitch on the 3pt a-frame thing on my Case, so i can lift it a good 2 feet in the air to drop stuff out of it. The Case also has down pressure on the 3pt which is useful at various times.

I think landscape rakes are underappreciated in terms of what you'll do with it. Seems like pretty much everyone has a regular old angle blade / back blade (i do too) but i'd put that behind a landscape rake to be honest, especially if you get a good sturdy one. I have a box blade w/rippers on my Kubota and I've found the combination of the box blade followed by the landscape rake to be excellent. I haven't hooked up the regular back blade in a long time now.

Last edited:
   / Best bang/buck landscape rake? #19  
I never thought I'd own a 3 pt rake but I do a lot of work for a guy who had a tree shredder come in and shred a bunch of his trees. I decided to buy one to rake them up into burn piles. Bought a new aftermarket, no name on the product for $600 in early summer from one of my local used tractor and equipment dealers....also Bush Hog and other new equip dealer. Very heavy duty, tynes durable, 360 rotation, even on my smallest (25 hp) tractor. Now that I have it I am amazed at what I do with it.....lots of things you never thought of.
It was one of the later 3pt tools I bought. I own a horse farm, and after using it the first time I realized that this particular piece of equipment was what I should have bought first, instead of last. I've invested waaay too much money in farming equipment, but this one was worth every cent.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #20  
That's exactly what I will be doing this weekend. Using a landscape rake to move debris from a forestry mulcher into burn piles. It was cleared last April, and I was out for most of the summer, now it's all dry and ready for burning. I am using a Kioti CK4010 and 60" woods landscape rake. But honestly, it's a great rake, but is just not used as often as I expected. As a newbie, I thought it would take weeks to rake about 10 acres. It truly only takes a few days with an HST tractor. So in that regard, purchasing a low cost King Cutter is highly recommended, and is more bang for the buck.