Best bang/buck landscape rake?

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I'd like to have a 3 point landscape rake, probably 6ft, 40hp.
It won't be used all that much, mainly raking small limbs, pulling brush, etc.
I don't want something flimsy that will break, but don't need a $1,500-$2,000 super heavy duty one either.
Anyone know best bang for the buck? Maybe around $600-$1,000?
Used...I don't see any.
Thanks.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #3  
I bought a King Kutter one from a local store (Runnings).

It works fine. It's a 7' rake. I'm trying to remember what I paid for it, but it was no where near $600. I think it was $400?

My only complaint is that I can't rotate it all the way around to face the tines in reverse while it's hooked to the tractor. Not a real big deal, since I don't really need to do that often. But it can be angled to the right or left. And 7' is wide enough that with it angled, it will still cover my 6' wide tire tracks.

I mostly use it to rake my gravel driveway once or twice a year.

So far it's held up fine, nothing bent or broken.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #4  
Definitely keep your eye out in the used market (FB Marketplace, Craig's List, etc)... I scored a Land Pride LR2584 Landscape Rake w/ dual gage wheels in basically vey lightly used condition for $400... don't get me wrong it took many tries to find a great deal... but they are out there. Oh & I negotiated the heck out of the guy when I showed up with my trailer & cash... he was asking $700... so sometime the deal is just waiting to be made even if they are asking more...

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #6  
I buy it today if it wasn't in Peking Indiana which is probably why the Chinese conversion.
It's still on the pallet, shipping would be easy. Travis at EA has even been known to help people arrange freight shipping of their attachments since most people don't have connections with carriers.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #7  
Have had a king cutter 7ft through 3 tractors now. Replaced 1 time over the last 8 years. Still going strong.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake? #8  
I have the King Kutter 7ft rake, and I can say it has held up extremely well. Go though and check all the bolts/screws for tightness. If you move the tine bar lower down on the tines, it will skip less and tend to chuck rocks less. Decent enough for the money, I forget what I paid for it a few years ago but it was definitely under $600 at the time.

/ Best bang/buck landscape rake?
It's still on the pallet, shipping would be easy. Travis at EA has even been known to help people arrange freight shipping of their attachments since most people don't have connections with carriers.
Thanks...I'd love to have it, but never been on Facebook. Maybe Travis could help me since I just got their rake!