Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #91  
2007 Tacoma, 2 wheel drive, 4 cyl. 5 speed, manual roll up windows.
The most basic no frills Tacoma you could get in 2007.
I bought this truck new and it currently has about 35,000 miles on it.
It's stored inside every winter.
Gas mileage is pretty good, I actually got 32 mpg once after allot of open road driving.
Most of the time mpg is between 26-28, with hauling stuff in the bed or towing
my 5' x 10' trailer with stuff load on it.
I hope to keep this truck for as long as I or my wife are still able to drive.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #92  
Owned maybe 20+ GM trucks over the years ,used to trade every two years before I retired.
The best is always the current,2017 Silverado with 19k miles,4wd drive extended cab.Only owned one Ford pick-up (1971).

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #94  
Why don't we have, as a standard feature, a dump option, for pickup trucks?
Best guess on that is it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-151629.png
    Screenshot_20230311-151629.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #96  
Another "unicorn" to put on my list of desirable 1ton dump trucks still in decent shape.

I got this in a trade a while back. There’s not that many clean ton dumps especially 4x4 ones. I kinda have a thing for dump trucks. I still have my 1992 Chevy ton dump which was my first one, I have a 2000s 5500 dump that needs work and a F-750 dump truck.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.JPG
    IMG_3964.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3965.JPG
    IMG_3965.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 41
Oh man if only I could remotely justify getting another one I'd be aggressively searching and or bidding on them. Still enjoy talking about them though.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #98  
I'm thinking that designers felt that body on frame designs were old fashioned, since trucks are not used as trucks any more...
Just think about how useful a mid-sized 4WD PU would be, if it had a lift bed.

I had one of the first Gen Ford '84 Rangers. It was a POS, two wheel drive, with the four cylinder engine. It had the oddest emissions system I have ever seen. It had a mechanical method to lean out the gas mix for hiway. This always failed when you needed it to work. It was a mix of metric and inch fasteners. Very frustrating. And the paint on every First Gen Ranger with blue paint flaked off.

I had to replace the entire right hand front wheel assembly. Everything was wrongly built on that wheel from the bearings to the disk brakes: Just that wheel. I can imagine some person that was always drunk, building this in Canada, that their only job was the right, front wheel assembly. :)

I'm thinking that designers felt that body on frame designs were old fashioned, since trucks are not used as trucks any more...
Just think about how useful a mid-sized 4WD PU would be, if it had a lift bed.

I had one of the first Gen Ford '84 Rangers. It was a POS, two wheel drive, with the four cylinder engine. It had the oddest emissions system I have ever seen. It had a mechanical method to lean out the gas mix for hiway. This always failed when you needed it to work. It was a mix of metric and inch fasteners. Very frustrating. And the paint on every First Gen Ranger with blue paint flaked off.

I had to replace the entire right hand front wheel assembly. Everything was wrongly built on that wheel from the bearings to the disk brakes: Just that wheel. I can imagine some person that was always drunk, building this in Canada, that their only job was the right, front wheel assembly. :)
The 2.8 v6 carbed motor was complete garbage in rangers and bronco 2s in my experience also. Heck everything in that generation of ford compact trucks was built and designed horribly in my experience and opinion. They have apparently made great strides to right what was wrong in newer generations according to some folks that own them anyway.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #100  
Once I sold off the Ford SuperVan, I doubled down on vans and bought a used G30 GMC. This I believe, was a 3/4 ton truck.
This was the most useless vehicle I have ever owned. It had a tow pack, but it didn't have limited slip rear wheel transmission. Why? I have no idea, but it would get stuck on flat ground with wet grass.

I took it on a vacation in to the outback of Oregon.
It failed in every way. Nothing worked anymore after this trip. Later I found that the entire wiring harness was not isolated from chaffing, if one was to run the rippled gravel roads: Which is most of outback Oregon. This vehicle which was supposed the be a HD sort of vehicle, completely fell apart in every way imaginable.

Been looking for a replacement to the '93 Ford Festiva. Which I have been using as a pickup truck for 10 years. I can't kill this Hatchback car with a removed back seat. And I have tried. It just completes the task any way. And still gets 32 MPG.

I have to laugh when ever I see an ad for a modern truck. Its always a voice over with a bass voice, and towing some huge load.
For which, almost no one is actually is doing.