Bercomac Winter soft cab

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #11  
Thanks for your reply Peter. The distance from the floor to the lowest point on the canopy is 60.5" which is to the light bar that is mounted underneath part way back from the front. I'm thinking that the light bar & canopy combo may be a problem. The canopy may interfere with the light and the light bar heat may damage the canopy - I'll need to see how much heat it produces.

The download measurement doc on the site shows 64.25" from the bottom to the top in the front area. Does the bottom overhang your floor? Since it has a back measurement of 45" from the fender to the top in the back I will measure that as well. Seems like so much of what I am doing lately gets unexpectedly complicated.

As far as complicated goes I will tell you about a recent experience I had with changing the hydro fluid as a heads up. We refilled and checked the fluid level carefully several times. Shortly thereafter we noticed hydro fluid leaking from the the transmission. It pooled in the protection plate and spilled out in turns. Turned out there is a small flexible boot covering where the shift lever enters the transmission which it was leaking from. If the transmission is overfilled it can blow out the boot. I was later told that it is important to check the fluid level when it is hot since it expands which we did not do. The boot is not expensive but it required removing the floor and dash area to get to which is expensive labor wise.

I also looked at the Cover My Tractor soft cabs but they cost $1569 without extras and would not fit over my size of canopy. Would require buying one of their canopies for another $432 plus shipping, wipers, etc. along with having to remount light bars. Would rather be open cab at this point. We have also been getting less snow in recent years. They looked nice having solid polycarbonate windows, etc.

Yes, a beast.

Last edited:
   / Bercomac Winter soft cab #12  
It looks great! Enjoy it.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #13  
I'm gonna suffer a few more seasons with the open cab and when the bones stop moving so well I'll buy another similar machine with a factory cab.
tractors 11 20 22 (10).JPG

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #14  
I had the same soft cab fot my tractor, it works reaaly good. So much better not having the wind and snow hit you.
Never fogged up on me.
Once I put mine on I parked it in the sun for a few hours to remove any folds form being stored
The only problem I had was over time the clear plastic will shrink, I have mine for 3-4 years and then it became impossible to get the
soft cab over the frame.
Had to take it to a local upholstery shop to repair the back zippers repaired and he added some extra material to both back zipper sides.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab
Thanks for your reply Peter. The distance from the floor to the lowest point on the canopy is 60.5" which is to the light bar that is mounted underneath part way back from the front. I'm thinking that the light bar & canopy combo may be a problem. The canopy may interfere with the light and the light bar heat may damage the canopy - I'll need to see how much heat it produces.

The download measurement doc on the site shows 64.25" from the bottom to the top in the front area. Does the bottom overhang your floor? Since it has a back measurement of 45" from the fender to the top in the back I will measure that as well. Seems like so much of what I am doing lately gets unexpectedly complicated.

I also looked at the Cover My Tractor soft cabs but they cost $1569 without extras and would not fit over my size of canopy. Would require buying one of their canopies for another $432 plus shipping, wipers, etc. along with having to remount light bars. Would rather be open cab at this point. We have also been getting less snow in recent years. They looked nice having solid polycarbonate windows, etc.

Yes, a beast.

The front mounting pins are at the floorboard height and the material does not hang below that point - the doors may be an inch longer. From the front pin to the top outside edge is 62". The roof frame is bowed so it is 64" only in the centre. From the top of my head while seated to the underside centre is 15" so the whole roof could be lowered a few inches by simply cutting to four vertical pipes equally.
The back panel does hang down lower than the back pins. It tapers in and down.
I will private message you with a few more photos.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #16  
The front mounting pins are at the floorboard height and the material does not hang below that point - the doors may be an inch longer. From the front pin to the top outside edge is 62". The roof frame is bowed so it is 64" only in the centre. From the top of my head while seated to the underside centre is 15" so the whole roof could be lowered a few inches by simply cutting to four vertical pipes equally.
The back panel does hang down lower than the back pins. It tapers in and down.
I will private message you with a few more photos.
Thanks so much for the PM!!! Sent one back in reply.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab
UPDATE. Winter was slow to arrive in our area, I guess, because I bought a winter cab! how well is it working?
I noticed that I had to relearn where the perimeter of my tractor is. I was used to seeing everything open station. After a couple of uses all is well again.
No need to add a heat source. Being sheltered from the snow and especially the cold wind is plenty good enough - actually very nice. No need to have my tuque pulled down and my coat hood up and obstructing my view. I can blow snow in any direction I want, although directly into the wind creates a whiteout, cab or no cab. In case not mentioned, I have a rear blower.
One day we were getting freezing rain and ice pellets and I could step inside my cab -nice. One day was very mild and snow stuck to the 'window' so I had to sweep it off. I guess full cab owners without a wiper blade may have to do the same.
The corner zippers are big and work very well. Due to the width of my tractor the side (door) panels drape over my fender handles so they are not easily accessible. That said, I would not want them to be outside the fenders where they would rub on the wheels. Finally, my forward facing LED light bar (magnet bracket) on top of ROPS is no longer effective. The roof creates a shadow. I am not sure where and how to mount it. Hope this helps

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #18  
My LED light s magnetic mounted at the front edge of the metal roof on my Sims, Cab Depot cab. If your roof is plastic or fiberglass, mount a steel plate on the roof for your magnets to adhere to. Jon