Bercomac Winter soft cab

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #1  

PEJ5

Gold Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti DK5010 HS
After 4 winters of blowing snow without a cab I decided to purchase a winter soft cab for my Kioti DK5010 open station. The units manufactured in the US are wildly expensive to purchase and ship to Canada (US$1 = CDN$1.40 these days) so I went with a universal fit model from Bercomac. I was not sure how the mounting brackets would work out but it turned out to be a very good fit. I did not even have to drill a hole.
It is 40" across, 49" front to back, 64" tall with a 26" rise around the fenders. it comes with a stiff plastic piece that zip ties to the frame before snugging the cab onto the frame. I installed it today since we were receiving our first snow storm and my test run was in the afternoon freezing rain/ice pellets - I am going to enjoy the cab!
View attachment 770732View attachment 770734View attachment 770733View attachment 770735View attachment 770736View attachment 770737View attachment 770738View attachment 770739
PXL_20221116_205833617.jpg

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #2  
Only one picture visible. Looks nice, are you going to get a heater for in it.
I know in a regular cab without the heat and at times the AC the humidity would ice up inside the windows.
In the old style wind breakers they had enough drafts it didn't bother that way.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab
Only one picture visible. Looks nice, are you going to get a heater for in it.
I know in a regular cab without the heat and at times the AC the humidity would ice up inside the windows.
In the old style wind breakers they had enough drafts it didn't bother that way.

I have no plans to add heat. The tractor stays in a tarp garage so there is no temperature differential and no melting snow inside the cab so hopefully it will not fog up. The unit comes with vents along the top edge.
We'll see (or not) what happens.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #7  
I have no plans to add heat. The tractor stays in a tarp garage so there is no temperature differential and no melting snow inside the cab so hopefully it will not fog up. The unit comes with vents along the top edge.
We'll see (or not) what happens.

May want to get a small 12v fan for the inside to keep the windows from fogging up; even though you don’t have a heater, just breathing and your body heat can cause condensation or fogging.

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #8  
I had a Jeep CJ7 with a soft top and the plastic windows didn't fog near as bad as glass. It looks like it fits pretty good. I bet it will make a world of difference. Getting out of the wind will make it feel like you have a heater, especially when the sun is out! Keep us posted! (y)

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab #9  
Hi Peter.

I have a 2015 DK5010 shuttle shift.

What is it like looking through the plastic? Does it distort the view much?

Does it seem reasonably sturdy and durable?

Easy to get in and out of?

If I want to buy one I will need to figure out if it will fit under my canopy which I do not want to remove since it has front and rear lights on it.

I do like my DK very much. Hope you are happy with yours.

Thanks,
Richard

/ Bercomac Winter soft cab
Hi Peter.

I have a 2015 DK5010 shuttle shift.

What is it like looking through the plastic? Does it distort the view much?

Does it seem reasonably sturdy and durable?

Easy to get in and out of?

If I want to buy one I will need to figure out if it will fit under my canopy which I do not want to remove since it has front and rear lights on it.

I do like my DK very much. Hope you are happy with yours.

Thanks,
Richard

It is very clear with no distortion; of course it is new.

Sturdy and durable - yes, the zippers are large and move easily. Seems better than my popup trailer material...and rated for -30°C / -22°F.

The door panel is stiffer in the cold but it just pushes out of the way. The sides are the same width as my fender grab handles and they curve nicely and hung the fender. Some blowing snow may sneak in along the edge - but nothing compared to wide open

The roof is well below the top of my ROPS. Measure from the underside of your canopy to the floor and let me know. Of course it would be simple to cut an inch or two off the vertical pipes of the soft cab to lower everything.

My DK is a beast. Works well!