Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire?

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #31  
What type of crimp and crimper do you use?

All the best,

Peter
I bought this 4 slot crimper from Kencove because it was cheap, and I didn't realize how awkward it was to work with. The handles are kind of stiff, and to me, it's just a pain to get it into position to squeeze the crimp sleeves.

Eventually I will probably spend the money and buy one of the more expensive 2 sleeve crimpers I really hate the one I have, but it gets the job done.

I put two of the C34 sleeves on the top and bottom wires, and double crimp each one.

Then I put one of the C2L sleeves on all of the other wires, and double crimp each of them.

I watched some YouTube videos on tying fence wire, but it seemed like a lot more work then installing the crimp sleeves. I also worried that I might be creating a weakness if the fence by bending the wire too much when tying it.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #32  
Might want something like this on your Christmas list....

I thought about it, but the price tag scared me off. The other issue was that the staples on some of them are not barbed, or if they are, they are thinner staples then what I'm using, and they only had one barb. I'm sure there is one out there that does the bigger staples with double barbs, but I haven't put much effort into looking for it because of the cost of buying one.

I base everything on $300 for a roll of fence, or buy something else. Do I need it more then another roll of fencing?

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #33  
I bought this 4 slot crimper from Kencove because it was cheap, and I didn't realize how awkward it was to work with. The handles are kind of stiff, and to me, it's just a pain to get it into position to squeeze the crimp sleeves.

Eventually I will probably spend the money and buy one of the more expensive 2 sleeve crimpers I really hate the one I have, but it gets the job done.

I put two of the C34 sleeves on the top and bottom wires, and double crimp each one.

Then I put one of the C2L sleeves on all of the other wires, and double crimp each of them.

I watched some YouTube videos on tying fence wire, but it seemed like a lot more work then installing the crimp sleeves. I also worried that I might be creating a weakness if the fence by bending the wire too much when tying it.

I suspect that you are right about splicing vs. crimping, but I have no data.

I only rarely crimp barbed wire because of the hassle, but I have used a cheap hydraulic crimper, with one anvil flipped to be flat to crimp that style of crimp, but I have no idea if it would hold high tensile wire.

I don't do enough wood post wire fencing to make it worthwhile for me, but the Milwaukee M18 staples are double barbed.

All the best, Peter

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #34  
I saw those, but I think they are just barbed, not double. Double barbed have 4 barbs 2 on each tine. Works for me, but not Eddie. Milwaukee tool is cheaper. Under 200 with tax if you already have their battery system. Alas, I do not.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire?
Thanks for all the good information! Happy New