Being safe

/ Being safe #21  
Not sure if that six shooter (or anything else) in the drawer would be much use for the guys ringing your doorbell to stab you...That was the case up north.
One on your hip maybe, big dogs at your heels most likely to buy you time. Self defense situation seldom come up with time to get ready before SHTF.
No matter how much you plan, reality has way of catching you unaware and unprepared. Any weapon is better than none, one you are very comfortable with is better than one you never use.

The real goal is deterrent, not conflict.

/ Being safe
Problem solved, guy was chased and caught. Apparently died of self inflicted injuries. Saved a bunch of bs and taxpayer money. This is all on the justice system. 31 yrs old with 59 prior convictions and he's out of jail.

/ Being safe #23  
I watched one of the initial press conferences. It seemed like the woman speaking for the police wasn't saying very much. The reporting since then seemed vague on the motivations for what happened, possibly drugs, but still very vague and nonspecific.

Why were they so closed mouth?

/ Being safe #24  
For home defense, anything past a double action only, .38 revolver with hollow points, is over kill. They can sit for years, with no attention, and anyone can very quickly figure out to use them. The political schism is if any one needs a military weapon. I use to think they didn't, till the pandemic, and Jan 6th. So some military weapons got pulled out during the pandemic, and some got pulled out after Jan 6th, but they have all now, been put away in deep storage again. Back down to that one gun, a simple double action revolver, that can last in the drawer forever, till called upon.
No one, and I mean, no one, ever needed anything more, to fend off a home invasion by one or two crazy persons with a knife.
They were invited in, as any good Canadian Native of the Cree would do. The First Nation aspect is problematic to the Europeans that live in certain areas.

Oh boy…..

The semi auto pistol on my hip, has a purpose. That purpose is to get to the shotgun mounted in the house. That shotgun has a purpose as well, that’s to get to the rifles (scary black ones) in the safe.

At work, the pistol on my hip is to get to the rifle in the car….if I’m away from it.

/ Being safe #25  
They want us to retreat into the bathroom and wait for death. PM Turdo spouted loud and clear during a speech that we don't have the right to defend ourselves with a gun. I beg to differ. My life is as valuable as the PM's, he has fully armed security. He can suck rocks.

Get a backhoe. Take care of the problem and then bury the problem.

/ Being safe #26  

Strait from the horses mouth. "You can't use a gun for self defense in canada. That's not a right that you have."

Which is a fundamental difference between canada and the USA. Canada's constitution grants citizen's rights, where USA's constitution prohibits the government from infringing on rights that all humans are born with.

/ Being safe
Yup, a sad state of affairs here. RCMP have a bad taste from a major screw up with an incident down east. They are controlled pretty much by the govt. Got a lot of flak during the Convoy in Ottawa early spring during a peaceful protest. A lot of distrust for them. The code of silence on reserves is strong, hard to investigate crimes. Have a Case 580 here.

/ Being safe
As an added comment. PM Turdo has a security team fully armed with all the toys.

/ Being safe #29  
Get a backhoe. Take care of the problem and then bury the problem.
Isn't it time to install a new septic system? Timing would be a good reason to make the old one all new!
David from jax