Buying Advice Before you buy a TYM, try this

/ Before you buy a TYM, try this #41  
Just stop. This thread is 7 years old and is about consumables like filters. It has nothing to do with your problem that you have already complained about on multiple threads.
Yep.

/ Before you buy a TYM, try this #42  
Hi All:

Maybe I can spare some heartache here. I recently bought a TYM 394 with FEL and hydrostatic transmission. It's a decent little tractor with a good Yanmar engine, BUT....

I'm at 50 hours on it, and it's time to do the first oil change and the initial hydro fluid change. Don't worry, this is the interval for a new tractor and the hours are much longer for the next change.

Getting parts for these things is a bear! You have to call the dealership you got it from, or email them (unfortunately my dealer's email address online bounces back to me.)

There does not seem to be a simple, easy online shopping site to just click and get your parts. And TYM itself is pretty poor at answering emails. They'll just point you back to your dealer.

So....if you're like me and you want to get your parts by going online, clicking a few spots, and waiting for the UPS man, you'd be better off with several other brands. Heck, it was easier to get parts for my 70+ year old 9N or my 35 year old grey market Yanmar than for my year old TYM.

Just something for you all to consider.
I tried to sell this brand once. Got horsed around all over. First had to buy minimum inventory into East Division, then they merged and I was told I had to buy all over again. Sold Loaders, backhoes etc attached to tractors as a package but didn't warranty the entire deal (you found out later) same as tractor....Great tractors horrible management.

/ Before you buy a TYM, try this #43  
You should have to make a substantial commitment to be an equipment dealer. Buy in with not just equipment, but also personnel, training for not just your sales staff, but also your mechanics (and yes, you should have actual sales staff and actual service/repair staff). And you should actually send them off for product training before you open your doors to the public.

One of Branson's greatest downfalls was they would allow just anyone to become a "dealer".

You own a hair salon, ice cream parlor, laundromat and tire shop? No problem. Hang this "Branson" sign in the back corner of your hair salon, and "POOF!", you are now a "dealer".

/ Before you buy a TYM, try this #44  
You should have to make a substantial commitment to be an equipment dealer. Buy in with not just equipment, but also personnel, training for not just your sales staff, but also your mechanics (and yes, you should have actual sales staff and actual service/repair staff). And you should actually send them off for product training before you open your doors to the public.

One of Branson's greatest downfalls was they would allow just anyone to become a "dealer".

You own a hair salon, ice cream parlor, laundromat and tire shop? No problem. Hang this "Branson" sign in the back corner of your hair salon, and "POOF!", you are now a "dealer".
Early in the spring of 2007 I went to a couple of the popular color dealerships and had a look around looking to buy a new tractor fully loaded. Both had a backlog of tractors needing something redone (may have been oil changes) and I gave up on buying a new tractor that spring because I felt that if I had a problem it would get hung up in the shop.

When I bought my 6530 new in September 2007 the dealer had a row of new Bransons out front and a yard full of trailers for sale. I had never seen that red tractor brand before and driving down the interstate one morning they caught my eye......They were pretty....grin. In 2016 when I bought my 2400, because of the good service I had with my 6530, the dealer sold TYMs and Bransons and had a full line of Bad Boy mowers.

Both dealers had a service technician and work shop having been sent up somewhere in the midwest to serviceman't school and had a full set of service manuals in answer to my questions.

There were no tractors in their repair shop!

I do not regret my decisions.

/ Before you buy a TYM, try this #45  
Early in the spring of 2007 I went to a couple of the popular color dealerships and had a look around looking to buy a new tractor fully loaded. Both had a backlog of tractors needing something redone (may have been oil changes) and I gave up on buying a new tractor that spring because I felt that if I had a problem it would get hung up in the shop.

When I bought my 6530 new in September 2007 the dealer had a row of new Bransons out front and a yard full of trailers for sale. I had never seen that red tractor brand before and driving down the interstate one morning they caught my eye......They were pretty....grin. In 2016 when I bought my 2400, because of the good service I had with my 6530, the dealer sold TYMs and Bransons and had a full line of Bad Boy mowers.

Both dealers had a service technician and work shop having been sent up somewhere in the midwest to serviceman't school and had a full set of service manuals in answer to my questions.

There were no tractors in their repair shop!

I do not regret my decisions.
That's kind of the same way I bought my Branson in 2017, except he had an ad on our local trading board (kind of like Craigslist, only much smaller). I drove over there and he had a line of brand new shiny tractors out front. He was very responsive and attentive, and was actually glad to see me (customer), and compared to the truly abysmal treatment I had received by the "other color" brands while shopping, I decided to buy from him. I knew nothing about the brand and had never heard of them before. He was a great guy, and a great dealer. He was always very responsive if I called or stopped by. But he is out of business now, and the closest TYM dealer is 4 hours away, at the eastern edge of the state.

Sure miss my dealer, hope he is doing ok where ever he is. No animosity towards him at all on my part. Wish TYM would open a dealer here in the local area. TONS of business to be had, as the "other color" dealers are still just terrible here. Ripe for some good and aggressive competition here.