Beer, whats yours?

/ Beer, whats yours? #1  

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
Mine, broad range but generally we have Becks, Peroni, Moretti in the fridge but lately some of the locals have improved dramatically and the James Squire range has come a long way with some of the more exotic ingredients they are using.
I have never gone for some of the local big names such as CUB and Tooheys as I find they all taste the same and are just a bitter fizz, having said that I am not a fan of Millers or Bud but I have had some nice brews from the USA, usually the smaller breweries.
None of the Japanese impress me and the Chinese I find is awful, some British ales are nice but once again generally the smaller ones.
I also make my own when I can be bothered and do a dark ale which is dark roast grain a mixture of DME and LME with Safale yeast and comes out a deep burgundy, bottled and put to rest for a year before opening, really smooth and creamy.
What is yours and do ours make it over there?
Should add that no one here drinks Fosters, it is considered a foul brew not fit for human consumption.

/ Beer, whats yours? #2  
I like very light beers. My wife calls them beer water. She prefers IPAs.

I also like skunky beers like Little Kings and Iron City Light.

/ Beer, whats yours? #3  
Lucille IPA

/ Beer, whats yours? #4  
Not much of a beer drinker. Get too full on them. Do like the Ambers but not too heavy. I will drink a beer now but I need to be sweating first. Otherwise a glass or three of red wine. :drink:

/ Beer, whats yours? #5  
Bud:drink: Drink to much to pay for good beer like St Andrews and Blackend Voodo which I really like .:drink: Remember beer can make you smart .:drink:It made Bud .:drink: Wiser.

/ Beer, whats yours? #6  
The CEOs of Bud, Millers and Heineken were in London for a conference. Afterwards they went to the bar. The Bud CEO orders a Bud the "finest beer this side (or the other side) of the Rocky Mountains".
The Millers CEO orders a "Millers the best beer in the whole of the USA"
The Heineken guy goes up to the bar and orders a Coke.
The other two ask him why he isnt drinking one of his own products and he replied.
"Well I saw that you two weren't drinking beer so I thought I wouldn't either."

My preference is for a Stella Artois.

/ Beer, whats yours? #7  
I'm generally a Boag's man (Nth Tassie beer/ale), but XXXX is quite popular in the area.

Also 'Yak' (and its varieties) is quite nice whenever I'm on the mainland.

/ Beer, whats yours? #8  
I tell you guys, there are some many small brewers making reasonably good stuff these days, its completely different from lets say, 30 years ago. We like many brew styles, but tend to like the hoppy or the more flavorful ones. Partake in many dark ones as well. Have seen you Becks here.

/ Beer, whats yours? #9  
The CEOs of Bud, Millers and Heineken were in London for a conference. Afterwards they went to the bar. The Bud CEO orders a Bud the "finest beer this side (or the other side) of the Rocky Mountains".
The Millers CEO orders a "Millers the best beer in the whole of the USA"
The Heineken guy goes up to the bar and orders a Coke.
The other two ask him why he isnt drinking one of his own products and he replied.
"Well I saw that you two weren't drinking beer so I thought I wouldn't either."

My preference is for a Stella Artois.
Old joke
Now Stella owns bud
Miller Coors and Molson have merged

/ Beer, whats yours? #10  
Molson Golden from cold bottle. :thumbsup: