Beep, Beep, Beep!

/ Beep, Beep, Beep!
A lot of great ideas! Now I have a place to start. When I find the speaker, I think I'll trace the wires back and install a switch. On/Off. That way should I ever be using it around others or commercially, I can just switch it back on.
I'm about 200 miles from my tractor. I live in Indiana, but have property in Southern Ohio (where I keep our tractor). So when I get back there in a couple of weeks I'm going to tackle this issue. Thanks to all for the tips! That's one of the great things about a forum like this. Many are here just to help each other out and pick up tips and tricks or share positive experiences with whatever!

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #12  
Let me know when you find it, Id like to disable or install a switch on mine as well.

Thanks man

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #13  
I love my RK55, but backing up is a little more than annoying. With this size tractor I guess they feel it should have an incredibly loud beep when backing up. I use my tractor on my own property, not for hire. I do not do any kind of commercial work. Does anyone know the best way to disable the backup beeper? I'd love to be able to just add a switch to turn it off or on, though I'm not opposed to just disconnecting it. It's too loud for me to locate it, physically on the tractor (sounds like it's everywhere) and I can't find a wiring diagram to run it down. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you send me a private message I will tell you how to disable. The backup alarm is not a mandatory safety feature.

/ Beep, Beep, Beep!
Let me know when you find it, Id like to disable or install a switch on mine as well.

Thanks man

I have been given the info to fix the issue. If you'd like to know, let me know and I'll forward it to you via private mail.

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #15  
I have been given the info to fix the issue. If you'd like to know, let me know and I'll forward it to you via private mail.

Please do, Id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks man

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #16  
the alarm is on the back of the tractor on the inside of the left fender(if you are looking at the back of the tractor). there is a rubber flap just above the lift arm and the alarm is behind that rubber flap. i would love to know how to disable mine as well. any info would be greatly appreciated, that thing is annoying.

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #17  
the alarm is on the back of the tractor on the inside of the left fender(if you are looking at the back of the tractor). there is a rubber flap just above the lift arm and the alarm is behind that rubber flap. i would love to know how to disable mine as well. any info would be greatly appreciated, that thing is annoying.

I'll PM you.

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #19  
On the Toolcat, I slipped a thin piece of rubber down between the mount and the beeper. Can't hear it in the cab, but still loud enough to warn anyone behind it. :thumbsup:

Before:

View attachment 569702

After:

View attachment 569703

Good idea! I sat a plastic jug on mine but it still is too loud. I like having the alarm to alert a near-deaf dog and the wife of my movements.

/ Beep, Beep, Beep! #20  
I love my RK55, but backing up is a little more than annoying. With this size tractor I guess they feel it should have an incredibly loud beep when backing up. I use my tractor on my own property, not for hire. I do not do any kind of commercial work. Does anyone know the best way to disable the backup beeper? I'd love to be able to just add a switch to turn it off or on, though I'm not opposed to just disconnecting it. It's too loud for me to locate it, physically on the tractor (sounds like it's everywhere) and I can't find a wiring diagram to run it down. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

From the rear of the tractor. Just to the right of the left rear tire, between the axle and the bottom of the cab, look for a connection of two wires, red and green. Disconnect and tape up the ends.