Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,061  

Chinese Automaker SAIC Eyeing Layoffs At Joint Ventures With GM, Volkswagen: Report​

Chinese carmaker SAIC Motor is reportedly looking to cut jobs in the thousands at its joint ventures with foreign automakers General Motors (NYSE:GM) and Volkswagen (OTCPK: VWAGY).

What Happened: SAIC, which is owned by the Chinese state, is looking to cut 30% of employees at its joint venture with GM, 10% of employees at its JV with Volkswagen, and more than half its employees at its Rising Auto EV brand, reported Reuters, citing two sources familiar with the matter. The layoffs are expected this year and will mostly be executed through the implementation of stricter performance standards and payout to employees who received lower performance ratings, the report added.

While the layoffs at SAIC-VW are expected to impact white-collar professionals over factory workers, it is not known whether factory workers will be included in the layoffs at SAIC-GM. At Rising Auto, the company will offer payouts to low-rated employees, while also dismissing some workers and not renewing the contracts of a few others, Reuters said.

The report noted that large-scale workforce reductions are rare at state-owned Chinese firms. However, competition is intensifying in the Chinese EV market with players like BYD Co Ltd and Tesla Inc taking the lion’s share.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,062  
I was under the impression that the the old FSD was about perfect the way Gale raved about it. But it makes sense things can get more perfect.

Maybe when FSD 20.0 gets released it will be perfectly perfect?

Just joking...progress does not stop. The EV's of today will be nearly worthless in 10 years and not just because of battery degradation.

ICE is at the point of being at the end of its development. They may squeeze another 10-15% improvement out of them but that will be about it. But the fact remains, most of us are OK with ICE's level of development.

that is the wild thing about Neural nets. Now that Tesla is not compute restrained by getting rid of 300000+ lines of code. The learning rate and therefore updated AI brain will accelerate.
I see a brighter future for the yet to come generations perhaps than your past programming currently permits. Our past mind conditioning doesn't have to define our future. Reprogramming our future is easier today than in the past. I am thankful for what others like the guy below are doing for my children and country.

Interesting video, but she almost sounds like a paid stock promoter for both NVIDIA and Tesla. This sounds good but also makes me think Dojo has hit some real snags along the way.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,063  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,064  
Maybe it's just me (and my wife!) all of these things, self driving, artificial intelligence (at least honest saying artificial) as time goes on it seems convenience is synonymous with just plain lazy? We enjoy shifting gears, manually rolling a window down, even oil changes & tune ups I don't see as a chore.
I don't see change always as progress if it's at the expense of using your mind and muscles!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,065  
Because pulling anything with an EV would limit range… most folks pulling Uhaul trailers on the interstate aren’t going 30 miles
You have EV Range Derangement Syndrome. You believe you know better than anyone else. That EVs are impossible/impractical. That the EV you saw pulling a trailer was in all kinds of trouble because you are enlightened and wiser than that driver.

Most U-Haul rentals are local to local.

Trailers affect ICE MPG too. My 2000 Avalon would get 30 MPG at 70 MPH but with a 200# trailer from a box and nothing on it, only 20 MPG. Add a dirtbike on the trailer and it was the same 20 MPG. "Oh lordy be! My range suffered ever so! How will I manage?"

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,066  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,067  
Maybe it's just me (and my wife!) all of these things, self driving, artificial intelligence (at least honest saying artificial) as time goes on it seems convenience is synonymous with just plain lazy? We enjoy shifting gears, manually rolling a window down, even oil changes & tune ups I don't see as a chore.
I don't see change always as progress if it's at the expense of using your mind and muscles!
Fuddy look up tonight's 'The Daily Show' with John Stewert's take on AI ...

some bad language but an eye opener... What it means to be human is at risk.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,068  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,069  
Cool EV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,070  
Close to 2050. Let's just keep spending those dollars we don't have on luxuries we don't need. The one weakness Americans have, spending other people's money, on themselves.

I saw an article a couple of days ago about a bicycle trail that was going to be built for 11,000,000.00. The trail was to be funded at 80% by the Federal govt. and 20% locally.
The last time I checked the federal govt. was in debt. Why should my Federal govt.(taxes that I pay) go deeper in debt for an unnecessary thing like a bike trail, that I will never use.