Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,031  
This 30 minute EV overview touches on the new Artificial Intelligence Version 12+ of FSD that rolled as a free 30 day trail last week to approximately a million US Tesla owners with FSD HW version 3 or 4.

I have been using FSD full-time for over a year now and I can tell you that this AI version is steps ahead of version 11 that was based on over 300,000 lines of C++ coding that could give that jerky robotic feel. 12 is more like human drivers.

Strange, as I was offered the 30 day trial this morning. Have not checked the FSD version but have 2024.3.6 for the rest of the car.

After an 8 mile loop on 25-45 MPH roads I was unimpressed by it's lack of smoothness. Even in "chill" mode. I had to manually avoid a pedestrian in the first 1/4 mile. Probably would not have hit but was too close.

Perhaps it will be better on interstate? Or perhaps it has some learning to do, much as the charge/range status had to learn when I drove off from the dealership with less than 0.5 miles on the odometer?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,032  
AI is a leap up over the hard coded FSD Ver 11.x.x

If there's enough distance Regen no longer slams on like it did before.

When doing a left hand turn on a two-lane road it slowed slowly giving the oncoming car just enough time to get past before it made the left hand turn. Before I've had it to go flying in and brake it down and stop and wait for the car to pass. So the there seems to be a pacing feature in the AI version like many humans naturally do.

The silky smooth turning is a huge improvement over the hard-coded version that sometimes could be very smooth and other times it would spill any drinks you had in the drink holder or hand.

Best of success.
So you selfishly decided that your medical condition that FSD helps you still get around..... is worth risking other drivers on the road.....I have a huge problem with that and a problem with how many other FSD Tesla drivers that let its idiocincracies put other drivers at risk while Elon tries to improve his data bases and FSD at other drivers risk.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,033  
Last fall, I was travelling in my ICE truck which has auto braking. I was on newly paved 2 lane road where the lane markings had not yet been painted. As I rounded a slow curve, a truck was approaching from the other direction. We were each in our proper lanes and there was no danger, but the auto brake sensed a head on collision and slammed on the brakes! Luckily, the guy behind me had enough room to stop, but it sure scared the heck out of me!

I wonder how Tesla's AI FSD would handle that situation?
not-FSD plain old adaptive cruise control has that problem on 2 lane roads at night. Can't really see anything but the oncoming headlights which are making a sweeping left hand turn in front of me while I am making the complementary sweeping right hand turn. Car panics, brakes, and tries to swerve to the right. If you are holding on then it quickly honors your override.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,034  
You reminded me of when this news video was on “local” Boston news.
People everywhere were irate about it. Local radio stations were lit up with people calling in yelling this guy should go to jail
I remember laughing. Still makes me chuckle.
The video is part way down the page:
Before sleeping can become routine I would expect all vehicles would need to be operating on a standard FSD hardware/software protocol. This would be similar to what happened in charging protocols in North America by the other car makers adopting Teslas protocol. We have some wanting give the setting these types of protocols to CHINA while I am opposed doing so because of our children and national security.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,035  
We each create and live in our own reality. I do not live in your reality. You do not live in my reality for the most part perhaps. If I lived in your reality, I don't think I would own two EVS and have access to FSD. Most of the stuff that Tesla does is not ideal. The universe does not withhold any secrets from anyone seeking to know them. He does not let other people do his thinking for him and that is the reason that the universe shares so much information with him perhaps? Elon is not fearful of the future because with the help of the universe he's creating the future and that's what makes him unique and that's why most of the world is in awe of his ability to keep on keeping on when everybody says he can't do what he's doing. Many people who are not in control of their own future will find negative remarks to say about those who do drive their own destination with the help of the universe.
You and Musk live in their own reality because he doesn't give a crap about all the other drivers that have to deal with his " beta" real world testing using the rest of society as his guinea pigs. Yes he imagines a world that uses his data for his profit .....and the rest of the older ICE society is just a speed bump he will roll over metaphorically and literally if that's what it takes to get rid of the steering wheel. And the gullible think he is striving for a better society....NOPE !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,036  
You and Musk live in their own reality because he doesn't give a crap about all the other drivers that have to deal with his " beta" real world testing using the rest of society as his guinea pigs. Yes he imagines a world that uses his data for his profit .....and the rest of the older ICE society is just a speed bump he will roll over metaphorically and literally if that's what it takes to get rid of the steering wheel. And the gullible think he is striving for a better society....NOPE !
Sounds like you have not got the memo about the ICE death spiral dissolving the speed bump that you're talking about so there's nothing to roll over long-term. Take a look at things in 2050 then post again.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,037  
Sounds like you have not got the memo about the ICE death spiral dissolving the speed bump that you're talking about so there's nothing to roll over long-term. Take a look at things in 2050 then post again.
Gale 2050 is not reality for many of us. It is silly to put out a date that is so far out it makes no difference. We shall see how the "enlightened ones" in CA do in the shorter term.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,038  
Why do you think an EV is so dependent on charging stations?

Tesla has many Superchargers with a pull-in position that can have a trailer hanging off the end.
Because pulling anything with an EV would limit range… most folks pulling Uhaul trailers on the interstate aren’t going 30 miles

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,039  
You think 2050 is big… man, let me tell you, all of your dreams will be realized in 2150. Trust me. If you don’t believe, you are a hater.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,040  
Gale 2050 is not reality for many of us. It is silly to put out a date that is so far out it makes no difference. We shall see how the "enlightened ones" in CA do in the shorter term.
Why be so self-centered? Why do you claim the world's going to come to the end when you and I die? We have to start thinking beyond our longevity and try to leave the world a better place for those that follow us. ICE technology is not Evil but is just becoming too expensive going forward when EVS can be built with robotic labor and recycled. I'm at Walmart and if you go there sometime you will realize we are going to throw away society for financial reasons.