Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,891  
Well since you are talking about performance, Yes they are performance cars that can also be efficient at energy use.
New news

Goodguy's Banned the Unplugged Performance Model 3 from competing this year .

5/5 wins and Banned! UP Tesla Model 3 driver Jon Bickford with full UP suspension, wheels, brakes said this: “Well, after setting fastest time of the show 5/5 events and winning 5/5 shootouts last year it looks like Goodguys decided to ban me a couple weeks before the season!“

The Model Y Performance takes on the New 565HP Fisker and beats it in 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and braking.

They made sure to put the Tesla in track mode which is for road course and cools the battery, and slows 1/4 mile drag racing by almost 1/2 second but did not seem to matter.

The Fiskar also limits the vehicle to 500 full accelerations and then limits the power output from there onward.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,892  
Well since you are talking about performance, Yes they are performance cars that can also be efficient at energy use.
"Performance" depends on what one is measuring.

Efficiency is very much a performance parameter. Just as 0-60 drag times is a performance parameter.

It takes a focused high performance to get exceptional efficiency.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,893  
OMG!!! There is at least one poster who will have a heart attack if a POS Kia beats out Tesla for Word Car of the Year award.

But seriously, we are not getting the whole story. Buffet does not make many bad choices and he is riding the BYD horse in this race...not Tesla. Interesting.

I would bet on the EV 9 or the Volvo EX 30 if talking electric. No Tesla's are on the list, the re designed model 3 Highland was probably released to late to meet the production qualification.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,895  
"Performance" depends on what one is measuring.

Efficiency is very much a performance parameter. Just as 0-60 drag times is a performance parameter.

It takes a focused high performance to get exceptional efficiency.
Like Microing a steak - jp.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,896  

Here is 12 minutes on grid upgrading requiring no new permitting.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,897  
Looking forward to my free month trial of FSD.
Also just found out I had paid for year of connectivity when I bought the car. 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,898  
People buy cars for different reasons.

A Tesla is not a "chick magnet". But even if it was, EVs have other issues for many drivers.

I have had my share of "chick magnets" and now, at 73, those days are behind me. They were fun cars, but my priorities changed. I want something reliable, comfortable, with carrying capacity, safe and economical to operate and repair. As I get older, the carrying capacity attribute will not matter. If I end up living back in a city in an assisted living facility, even a 150 mile range EV will be fine.

I could deal with an EV now, but I have better options. That should remain MY CHOICE and not the only option imposed by decrees from government.

IMO that is one of the major issues many Americans have with EVs. We do not like being told we have to conform. We quite rightly do not trust "the science" or the government. Let EVs stand on their own legs (tires) and if they are so f'en great people will buy them.

Impossible and needless fuel economy standards are disguised mandates. Killing ICE vehicles through these rules is wrong and costing Americans money. Curtailing oil production is also wrong. Tax incentives are wrong. Enacting how many vehicles must be EVs by a certain date is wrong. There is very little that is "right" about how we are being forced down the EV highway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,899  
New news

Goodguy's Banned the Unplugged Performance Model 3 from competing this year .

5/5 wins and Banned! UP Tesla Model 3 driver Jon Bickford with full UP suspension, wheels, brakes said this: “Well, after setting fastest time of the show 5/5 events and winning 5/5 shootouts last year it looks like Goodguys decided to ban me a couple weeks before the season!“

The Model Y Performance takes on the New 565HP Fisker and beats it in 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and braking.

They made sure to put the Tesla in track mode which is for road course and cools the battery, and slows 1/4 mile drag racing by almost 1/2 second but did not seem to matter.

The Fiskar also limits the vehicle to 500 full accelerations and then limits the power output from there onward.

What does this have to do with lower emissions, ICE elimination mandates?
Just curious...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,900  
Looking forward to my free month trial of FSD.
Also just found out I had paid for year of connectivity when I bought the car. 😂
I too just heard that. The irony is my sister is driving 700 miles today, bought a month of FSD for the trip, then departed this morning to see in her news feed that a free trial month of FSD is coming.

You read that correctly. My sister is driving 700 miles today in her Tesla.

In other good news my Y has been stuck on firmware update all this year, appointment with Service Center this April 2 to resolve, fixed itself, finally. Well, Tesla people have been poking on it remotely but the other day navigation locked up, no backup cameras, two-scroll resets made no difference, but magically overnight it installed the update and all is working again.