Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,872  
My wife saw the first Tesla truck in the neighborhood today. She first thought it was Immaculate DeLorean DMC-12 Is A Real-Life Time Machine
without headlights or a grill.

I guess that means the start of a slow spiral death of the Texas tough F150.
I have no desire for a Cybertruck. It's just the logical extension of what I've observed many years ago, Tesla designers are Metrosexuals. Trucks are for posing when bar hopping.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,873  
Seen a couple of Tesla Trucks in passing...

I think mostly around 30 +/- age of the driver...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,874  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,875  
I have no desire for a Cybertruck. It's just the logical extension of what I've observed many years ago, Tesla designers are Metrosexuals. Trucks are for posing when bar hopping.
Those in the know refer to the Cybertruck as the Cyberturd on the Tesla forums. ;)
Longer to charge than my Y for same mileage (about 40 minutes), can't tow far, and too expensive.
I've watch many U tube videos from owners of the Cybertruck and it appears to me that the only reason they are buying it is garner attention.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,876  
Yes and no. I want more tire sidewall and softer ride. Most roads are pothole patchwork here. Love my coefficient of drag.

Subaru Outback MPG dropped hard from 60 to 70 MPH. And harder from 70 to 75 MPH.
That's why you get the Tesla Y LR with the 19" tires. ;)
Personally I've lowered the tire and rim size on all my vehicles when getting new tires. My F250 went from 20" to 18", my Mazda 3 went from 18" to 16", and my GM Bolt went from 18" to 16". All provide a better ride with more sidewall.
There is little price difference from going from 19" to 18" on the Y.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,877  
Those in the know refer to the Cybertruck as the Cyberturd on the Tesla forums. ;)
Longer to charge than my Y for same mileage (about 40 minutes), can't tow far, and too expensive.
I've watch many U tube videos from owners of the Cybertruck and it appears to me that the only reason they are buying it is garner attention.

Attention getting is a given...

Maybe film prop for some futuristic setting?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,878  
That's why you get the Tesla Y LR with the 19" tires. ;)
Personally I've lowered the tire and rim size on all my vehicles when getting new tires. My F250 went from 20" to 18", my Mazda 3 went from 18" to 16", and my GM Bolt went from 18" to 16". All provide a better ride with more sidewall.
There is little price difference from going from 19" to 18" on the Y.
My Big wheel mistake!

About 9 years ago the kids wanted trucks for their first vehicles. The daughter went for a clean 2007 Dodge Dakota and the son went for a more used 2002 Ram 1500 Crew cab STL with 17" steel wheels in need of tires.for $6400.

I had spotted a set of OEM 20-in rims that I liked and I asked my tire guy about that. He says he had a pulled set of 20-in tires OEM that he would make me a deal on if I came up with the rims I did and he mounted the tires. The son was about to turn 17 and was fine with the upgrade. One cracker within a year due to hitting an interstate pothole. At 73 I prefer tires with the most sidewall height.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,879  
My Big wheel mistake!

About 9 years ago the kids wanted trucks for their first vehicles. The daughter went for a clean 2007 Dodge Dakota and the son went for a more used 2002 Ram 1500 Crew cab STL with 17" steel wheels in need of tires.for $6400.

I had spotted a set of OEM 20-in rims that I liked and I asked my tire guy about that. He says he had a pulled set of 20-in tires OEM that he would make me a deal on if I came up with the rims I did and he mounted the tires. The son was about to turn 17 and was fine with the upgrade. One cracker within a year due to hitting an interstate pothole. At 73 I prefer tires with the most sidewall height.
I thought crackers were from Georgia, not Kentucky.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,880  
I don't hate Tesla or Elon Musk.

Tesla Stock Gets Another Downgrade—and It Rises. What’s Up?​

Tesla stock was unsure of what it wanted to do on Monday, initially trading lower after another downgrade and then bucking those losses to turn solidly green.

At midmorning, shares were essentially flat.

The downgrade, the fourth from a major broker this year, comes as demand for electric vehicles keeps slowing—and means Wall Street hasn’t been this bearish on Tesla in years.

On Sunday, Mizuho analyst Vijay Rakesh downgraded shares of Tesla, NIO, and Rivian Automotive to Hold from Buy.

Rakesh’s Tesla price target was reduced to $195 from $270, according to FactSet. NIO went to $5.50 from $15. He slashed Rivian to $12 from $24.

“While we remain constructive on the broader EV landscape with the long-term trend to electrification, near-term EV demand, and tightening liquidity are creating challenges into 2025,” wrote Rakesh, adding high inventory levels are pressuring wholesale volumes from auto makers. Demand is ”decelerating faster than expected.”