Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,831  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,832  
So you don't understand the math either. Doesn't matter if one vehicle drove there and back or two vehicles drove at the same time.

Ratios do not average easily. MPG is a ratio.

In my example 7 gallons was used to drive 200 miles. Your math says 35 MPG but 28.6 is actual. How hard is this to understand? How could it be anything other than 28.6 MPG?
He gave you vehicle 1 traveling 20 miles on 1 gallon, and vehicle 2 traveling 80 miles on 1 gallon.
That’s a combined 100 miles traveled on 2 gallons of fuel, which divided by 2 gallons = 50 miles per gallon.
Pretty simple for an elementary school kid

Statistics can be massaged to give different interpretations of numbers. Any technical person learns this early on in life.

Maybe you should self reflect a bit more before you insult others.
Just a thought….

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,833  

Tesla Has an Elon Musk Problem. The Stock Could Fall Another 30%.​

"Gerber said, adding that he now thinks Tesla shares may need to fall to about $120, 30% below their current price, before they are an attractive buy again."

Looks like $120 is the magic number of when to buy. Today the stock is at $173.

Expand article logo

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,834  
We all know Tesla's in its $100 to $300 trading range and who knows how long going to be there before it hits $2000

In time it will not be dependent on car sales and things will stabilize when attention is paid to the more profitable potential segments of the company. Not many companies these days Have a genius founder taking it to the top.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,835  
Not me. I'm glad Tesla spent the time to engineer the Y with one of the lowest drag coefficient in the industry
As an A&P, trust me, this is drag coefficient, and much smoother ride than my Sister's model S.
Beautiful from any angle.
This? https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/is-it-me-or-is-the-model-y-really-ugly.192304/
I always imaged a Newt's head, but still, ugly from any angle.
There are uglier cars for sure, but....yuck. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,836  
Why start up car companies typically fail.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,837  
Is my math correct, Tesla is cutting production by 23% at its Shanghai factory?

Tesla trims output of cars in China amid slower EV sales growth, Bloomberg reports​

(Reuters) - Tesla has reduced its car production at its plant in China, Bloomberg News reported on Friday, as the U.S. electric vehicle-maker grapples with slow demand and strong competition in the market.

The company earlier in March told employees at its Shanghai factory to lower output of both the Model Y sport utility vehicle and Model 3 sedan — the two types it makes in China — by working five days a week instead of the usual 6-1/2 days, the report said, citing people familiar with the matter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,838  
It doesn't. But those who have always operated gas stations won't understand until they go broke.

They are just selling the stations to others to operate.
The ownership is being transferred so future clean up costs are not born by the sellers. Come closure time the owners will declare bankruptcy and clean up defaults to the Government.

Type of action clearly defined by the way declining oil fields are handled.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,839  
Gale is always taking about the ICE downward spiral so I was surprised to see the same terminology used with an EV.

"China's booming EV market heading towards a downward spiral (WION)"

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,840  
Gale is always taking about the ICE downward spiral so I was surprised to see the same terminology used with an EV.

"China's booming EV market heading towards a downward spiral (WION)"

NO NO NO

It is the Death Spiral not the downward spiral.