Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,761  
I think the argument is AM falls in the safety realm.

Information over long distances, Civil Defense, etc.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,762  
I think the argument is AM falls in the safety realm.

Information over long distances, Civil Defense, etc.
Yep, that's one argument, I don't accept it. Are houses and apartments required to have an AM radio? It's just more government overreach.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,763  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,765  

Sounds like the glut of EV makers will continue to drive down EV prices and ICE demand in China and Europe already.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#16,766  
My 2013 *was* among the first 27,000 based on VIN.

If you knew what else I own and am involved in you would know my Tesla is the outlier.
Feel free to list them out, it might provide some clarity.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#16,767  
Www.cnn.com/2024/03/20/climate/epa-*****-electric-cars/index.html

**** = b-i-d-e-n

New EPA rules

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,768  
Headlines of forcing and interference today March 20:

President finalizes crackdown on gas cars, forcing more than half of new car sales to be electric by 2030​

The good news is a new president will undo it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,769  
Headlines of forcing and interference today March 20:

President finalizes crackdown on gas cars, forcing more than half of new car sales to be electric by 2030​

2030 is a long way off. Battery technology is rapidly advancing. More upside to electric than burners for many an industry. More upside, more interest, more investment, more money to be made.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,770  
Tesla Y is listed as an SUV? That defies definition of SUV.
"SUV stands for 'Sports Utility Vehicle', a fairly loose term but one that generally refers to stylish, sleek looking vehicles that offer elegant city driving but also handle rugged terrain thanks to a typical 4x4 capability."

I for one wish Tesla had done more of a standard style SUV.

Mainly need More ground clearance, Suspension travel, softer ride quality, Tires with real sidewalls.
I may get some guff for this but I have watched a lot of wham bam Tesla cam, and there Are more hydroplaning incidences than there should be.
imo it is a combination of overly stiff short travel suspension, performance tires with less tread depth, limited water channeling in the tires tread chosen, and worst of all the loss of compliance due to the super low profile and increased unsprung weight due to the large diameter wheels. Referring to the Performance model here mainly.
And a Porsche 928S, and 6 motorcycles, and ...

Yes, I blame it on being designed by California Metrosexuals. The bad ride is thought to be sporty but Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, all do better with the same tires. The 2013 rode pretty much the same even with the air suspension. Sourced from the same OEM as Mercedes-Benz uses, you'd think they could have tuned it better.

Too cheap to take off my OE 255/45-19 before they wear out. I'll be PMing you about what 18" rims fit then.

Did you ever see the tire I popped on my Mercedes-Benz diesel?

View attachment 858062

Quite the bulge, Tire ruined?

I have bent a couple rims over the years . Had some Blizzak winter tires come completely apart as well.

These low profile tires are a Fad that the younger generation is really into.

Received the summer 18" tires I want to run, hopefully they are efficient compared to the 21's. They are Hankook's I wanted the Ion series which several people are posting watt hour down into very low 200's at highway speeds. Some have even broke into the high 190's watt hour mile (Model 3 Performance)
Being cheap I am trying the less expensive Ventus Hankook Evo 2's which have the same silica style low rolling resistance rubber but no sound absorbing foam inside. I was able to get a staggered set of four for under $700 with outer diameter almost identical to the stock Michelins.
To buy just 2 of the rear 21" Michelins on ebay is ~ $865.
If the ride were better I would keep driving on the 21's.
Some posts mention Tesla Is now installing Hankook tires from the factory on some model 3's