Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,721  
Everyone has a different idea of success. I suppose if you think this world and short life, is all you have, that skews the lens.

Tires for sale.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,722  
Maybe Musk was on Ketamine when he named his kid that weird mathematic symbols name .....

X Æ A-12
Predecessor of the SR 71 Blackbird

I don't know... I would probably chose that over Egbert or Horace myself.
if you have to be named after a plane why not the fastest and highest flying.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,723  
X Æ A-12
Predecessor of the SR 71 Blackbird

I don't know... I would probably chose that over Egbert or Horace myself.
if you have to be named after a plane why not the fastest and highest flying.
Maybe not Egbert or Horace, but John, or Luke, or Mark or Matthew.... ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,724  
Sue Musk has a nice ring to it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,726  

Cool voltage step down or step UP technology for oems EVs and other applications like driving a stereo on your EV boat.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,727  

Cool voltage step down or step UP technology for oems EVs and other applications like driving a stereo on your EV boat.
Maybe I skipped some of the video…
DC-DC step up/down converters have been around for years. I missed why it’s groundbreaking here

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,728  
To me, the R2 is much more aesthetically pleasing. It actually looks like an SUV, and not a pregnant sedan.
Even though The Model "Y" was top is sales for the list of 2023 SUVs sold, RAV4 won the best/most popular SUV. It has to be the pregnant sedan look that got it knocked down. Of the top 25 SUVs the Model Y is the only one that looks like a sedan instead of a SUV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,729  
Maybe I skipped some of the video…
DC-DC step up/down converters have been around for years. I missed why it’s groundbreaking here

Yeah, Buck/Boost... it looks like very high power, very small package along with over 95% efficiency. Seems like a defense contractor branching into consumer sales.
Other than that not sure what works differently than the average switch mode supply.

My understanding as to why Tesla and other companies have not done this is to keep the HV and low voltage completely apart for accidents and the like.

I wonder what his answer is for a car ends up in the drink maybe salt water.
No way I would want any 800 volt supply wires to those step down units anywhere outside of a sealed pack.
Trying to swim out a door window I would not want 800 volts at multiple step down locations under the hood.

Even though The Model "Y" was top is sales for the list of 2023 SUVs sold, RAV4 won the best/most popular SUV. It has to be the pregnant sedan look that got it knocked down. Of the top 25 SUVs the Model Y is the only one that looks like a sedan instead of a SUV.

Yep, but the RAV 4's can look kind of cheap with all the slapped on external plastic pieces. Also there is no performance comparability on the higher model of each.
Then again the model Y does not have Good ground clearance for Rural bad roads / driveways either.

That could be a deal breaker for many as well.

RAV 4 has more ground clearance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,730  
Why are the top 3 listed, totally out of order according to their numbers?

Toyota RAV4

1: Total Units Sold: 102,313

2. Tesla Model Y

Total Units Sold: 385,900

3. Honda CR-V

Total Units Sold: 361,457

??
I must be missing something….

Last edited: