Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,671  
2024_03_18_11.06.36.jpg
2024_03_18_11.09.43.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,672  
I see a lot of traffic when Im in NYC weekly. Someone owns cars, 46% of households do, in a very cramped space, which is why they stack themselves vertically.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,673  

For 1990 and Newer Model Passenger Cars, Light Duty Trucks, Medium-Duty Vehicles, and Medium Duty Engines the warranty is 10 years/ 150k miles battery or other energy storage device

This has been the rule since before 1990.

Again, your ignorance is showing. You know little beyond a Google Search, and don't know how to do that very well.
Thank you for proving yourself wrong.

But of course, you’ll remain in character, and not admit you’re wrong.
Looks like you’re the ignorant one..

1710775428891.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,674  
Grumpycat, you are more patient than I am with willfully ignorant posters.

Reminds of the saying "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
"Never argue with a pig. You only get muddy and the pig likes it."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,675  
Thank you for proving yourself wrong.

But of course, you’ll remain in character, and not admit you’re wrong.

View attachment 857768
EV is a ZEV which is in PZEV category.

Most every EV owner in California knows the battery warranty is 10 years 150,000 miles.

Once again, you are proving to be a touchy feely wordsmith spin doctor. Feelings matter, not fact. Find something that says something you can misinterpret to your liking, and suddenly it is gospel.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,676  
I did not put it in quotes so why do you look for it? The article says that battery longevity is connected to the number of charges and discharges including partial discharges.
And how does not-connecting every night reduce the number of cycles? What was used during the day has to be replenished sometime.

The depth of the cycle is the critical parameter. Thousands of cycles are performed when driving, each time one accelerates, each time one decelerates. These are pretty inconsequential.

If one doesn't charge every night but waits 2-3 days then that cycle is 2-3 times deeper than the 2-3 smaller cycles one could have had.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,677  
"Never argue with a pig. You only get muddy and the pig likes it."
Standard procedure for many when they are losing a debate , is to resort to name calling...... your name calling is noted . Hmmm

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,678  

Most every EV owner in California knows the battery warranty is 10 years 150,000 miles.

Once again, you are proving to be a touchy feely wordsmith spin doctor. Feelings matter, not fact. Find something that says something you can misinterpret to your liking, and suddenly it is gospel.
I don’t know what to say… You’re incapable of admitting you’re wrong.

You’re so condescending while being ignorant.
Your own document shows only hybrids are covered, but you insist on making up , that full EV’s fall under PZEV which they don’t.

As I stated earlier….EV’s will be included in the required 150,000 mile warranty in 2026.

But hey, keep up your straw men, name calling and slinging the crap. It’s what you’re good at

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,680  

Question for you .....the Tesla user forum link that was provided earlier by me and or Txdon......also mentioned that a few of the Tesla users expected that any battery replaced by warranty could well be a refurbished battery that only needs to exceed 70% ( so degradation of 30% ) too meet Tesla's warranty liability. .....this because the warranty has fine print that batteries will only be replaced if they have degraded to less than 70% within the 100,000 or 120,000 miles depending on model ?? ....can you confirm what expected warranty action will be. Quite a significant hit if you only get a 70% er .

Last edited: