Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,362  
I prefer physical buttons. You can activate them without looking at what you’re pressing, and they work with gloves on in the cold winter.

Software screen “buttons”, are inexpensive to implement, compared to real physical buttons, and knobs
That’s their only advantage.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,363  
Maybe I missed it, but that story says they’re only critiquing, how much/well the car nanny’s the driver’s attention, and disables automated driving functions, if you so much as take off your seat belt.
Doesn’t look at all to be an assessment of how good the auto driving system actually drives.
The car maker gets a better score the more reasons the software comes up with to not allow auto driving.
Reads like they’re apposed to self driving systems, and they give a better score, the more reasons a car’s system won’t allow it.
Yes it seemed to highlight how many of the systems did not flag inattentive drivers enough.......so unsafe......and for all the rest of us drivers and pedestrians that have to hope that future drivers of these cars won't over estimate the car's capabilities and allow themselves to engrossed with other tasks. And with society's past record of how we assume we can drive distracted with cell phones , watching movies, etc ....I am glad some oversight is happening with tests like this. And with people like Musk already having a bad record with his various systems as seen with earlier media links ......hmmmmm

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,364  
I am glad some oversight is happening with tests like this. And with people like Musk already having a bad record with his various systems as seen with earlier media links ......hmmmmm
Zuckerberg's "move fast and break things" mode of operation is much more forgivable when programming social media platforms, than automobiles. Musk sometimes appears to have a tendency toward that thinking, at least viewing his operation from the free seats.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,365  
After owning my Tesla Y for 6 months I find a vehicle with buttons and dials antiquated and too busy.
After owning and driving a Tesla since December 2013 I want headlight and aux/fog light buttons. The rest I can live with virtual buttons.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,366  
The more you make the more it will cost to recharge your EV in California. Your income will determine your electrical surcharge.

"Households earning $28,000-$69,000 would be charged an extra $20 to $34 per month. Those earning $69,000-$180,000 would pay $51 to $73 per month, and those earning more than $180,000 would pay a $85-to-$128 monthly surcharge.

That's a lot considering California’s electricity rates are already among the highest in the nation. People living in California have been paying 32 cents per kilowatt-hour compared to the national average of 18 cents,"

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,367  
Wait, more subsidizing? So I could not only pay the most per kWh, but also an extra $128/mo 😂

Sounds not so affordable

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,368  
The more you make the more it will cost to recharge your EV in California. Your income will determine your electrical surcharge.

"Households earning $28,000-$69,000 would be charged an extra $20 to $34 per month. Those earning $69,000-$180,000 would pay $51 to $73 per month, and those earning more than $180,000 would pay a $85-to-$128 monthly surcharge.

That's a lot considering California’s electricity rates are already among the highest in the nation. People living in California have been paying 32 cents per kilowatt-hour compared to the national average of 18 cents," - Fox News
And higher income don't get the "tax credit", even though paying tremendous taxes.