Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,051  
So its just fine for you to form opinions on Korean cars without ever owning one.
But the rest of us are ignorant or a moron if we form an opinion on an EV without owning one.
Formed my opinion on Kia by driving a friend (in my Tesla) many times to/from the Kia dealer for oil changes while listening to him fuss about oil consumption, and then finally one last time to get a new engine.

Now he thinks Kia is The Greatest, because he got a free new engine in a car with 114,000 miles. This past month it needed new TPMS sensors and a rear wheel hub.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,052  
I find it ironic that this thread is in Rural Living when in fact, EVs are a much better fit for urban and suburban areas. 😅
I thought they fit better in rural areas now that we all have electricity at our homes? Still don't have gasoline or diesel pipelines running to the house.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,055  
So therefore EV's need tax credits to help them sell and they need to use the tax credits to help show lower depreciation.
Not at all. Just pointing out depreciation is based on what one can buy a new one for. So one is lying when ignoring tax credits in factoring depreciation.

The tax credits on new also depress the resale price of used.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,057  
Grumpycat, I come here to get information on EV's, pros and cons. I like your input, but do you have to quote every single post that you don't agree with in a separate post? I just read though almost 2+ pages of your banter.
Also, not so much you, but the juvenile pissing matches and name calling is depressing.
This thread should be moved to the Front Porch section.... Which I enjoy and expect the above.
With all due respect, sometimes it's better just to not hit 'post reply'?

Patrick

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,058  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,060  
Just what I want in my area LOL, I don't think this has been posted before, my apologies if it has.
**EDIT**
In all fairness, I just found out it was a water leak that sidelined it, not electrics. Here's an article about the truck, apparently it's not full electric, it's hybrid: Vancouver unveils Canada's first electric fire truck

1709888405590.png

Last edited: