Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,041  
Welp. Grumpycat and I need to sell our Y.
The thing is my Y is still worth One Tesla Model Y to me no matter what funny NADA or KBB says. Those "references" have always been smelly as they list the prices dealers say they are getting, or asking, or offering. Then apply a fudge factor for "private party" price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,042  
You are arguing with people who are ignorant of EVs.
Well, I'm not arguing. Is more of a lecture, one sided as they haven't sufficiently grasped the subject background to effectively argue.

Can't tell the difference between ICE, hybrid, PHEV, and EV, is like not being able to tell the difference between a sedan, SUV, and pickup truck.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,043  
They are all early adopters and Doctors where I work...

The very first Leaf in the East Bay delivered to an eye surgeon...

Started as only a handful but when I want to see what's new in automotive all I have to do is walk through the Doctors parking lot...
Once Upon A Time it was said the Prius was the most popular car in Hollywood because it was the only car one could drive under $30,000 that didn't have one's peers wondering if one was bankrupt.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,045  
You are really are, by the very definition, an idiot. Not every ICE gets 600 miles to the tank. Our Mazda 3 would need to be filled every week as I don’t like to run the tank below 1/4 full. Who runs their tank to near empty before filling?
My VW Golf wouldn't go 300 miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,046  
I read an article this AM that said EV pollute more than ICE vehicles based upon more tire and brake component wear vs tailpipe emissions. Google it.
By golly someone published an article saying something you wanted to hear so therefore it is Holy Gospel!

I've heard of a few people replacing brakes on their Prius at 100,000 miles because things were getting rusty, not worn.

At 75,000 my Model S still had over half the brake pad thickness remaining. It went 43,000 miles on the original tires and could have easily done 45,000. Had 32,000 on the 2nd set when my sister mounted winter tires and bought a set of used rims for my old tires because they still had a lot of remaining tread.

Yup, those darn EVs really do pollute a lot wearing out tires and brakes! Not.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,047  
MORE Brake component wear on an EV? Well I seriously doubt it.
Ditto.
At least with most Tesla's, people put them in one pedal drive mode which will do most braking by recharging the battery instead of wearing brake linings.
Well, having driven a pre-FSD hardware Tesla for 10 years and now having one with FSD hardware (but not software) I think the One Pedal Mode uses the FSD hardware to apply friction brakes. My 2013 Model S accelerator pedal only drove the motor, and brake pedal only drove the friction brakes. As the car slowed it lost regenerative braking until 5 MPH and under there was virtually none.

It may well be the Model Y reverses it's motors to bring the car to a stop. Don't know, haven't figured out a way to measure. I don't hear fiction brakes but that doesn't mean much.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,048  

2024 Honda Prologue Officially Qualifies For $7,500 Federal Tax Credit​

This makes the car up to 15% less expensive.​

The upcoming 2024 Honda Prologue has been officially listed by the IRS among electric cars eligible for the full $7,500 federal tax credit.

That's a substantial advantage, which represents roughly 15% of the vehicle's base MSRP of $47,400. When including the $1,395 destination charge and deducting the tax credit, the effective starting price is $41,295.
And therefore "depreciation" starts at the $41,295 price, not at $47,400.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,049  
I guess if one is sitting at a Tesla Charger behind a "off the Interstate gas station" , you would have time to watch a video like that . ;)
No, because you would be on your way in 20 minutes or less.