Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,002  
My opinions about Korean cars are just that, an opinion drawn by owners that I know personally and YouTube repair videos.
So its just fine for you to form opinions on Korean cars without ever owning one.
But the rest of us are ignorant or a moron if we form an opinion on an EV without owning one.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,003  
I guess not everyone got the memo that EVs were going to save the planet. :LOL:

Tesla Faces Production Disruption at German Factory After Eco-Terrorist Attack | OilPrice.com
“One must consider whether the radical left-wing eco-terrorist group that attacked the German power grid on Tuesday to paralyze Tesla's Gigafactory near Berlin, genuinely aims to save the planet through the shuttering of the plant”

Notice how they’re called “eco-terrorist” if they do something to a battery car factory, but they’re referred to as “environmental activists “, when they hit ICE vehicles, or anywhere else.

They should be at the lithium mines.
There’s no such thing as unbiased journalism anymore

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,004  
I like Honda’s. Too bad that one is 2/3 Chevy, and a lot more $ for AWD. Wouldn’t make any financial sense for me
Financial sense never follows buying any new car. Really my sweet spot is about $25k and AWD. At that price an EV could save me money over an ICE vehicle. You can buy excellent, low mileage ICE AWD vehicles in the $25k range. Opportunity cost alone to acquire an AWD EV will pay for your fuel in that case.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,006  
It's not news because stocks go up and down.

Tesla's value has slumped by $234 billion this year — that's more than McDonald's, Disney, or Nike are worth​

• Tesla's market value has tumbled $234 billion this year, or more than McDonald's or Disney are worth.
  • Elon Musk's EV maker is close to losing more value than Netflix or Coke's entire market caps.
  • Tesla stock has been hit by concerns about EV demand, Musk's distractions, and unfinished projects.
Tesla's market value has plunged by an astounding $234 billion this year — that's considerably more than McDonald's ($212 billion), Disney ($202 billion), and Cisco ($199 billion) are worth.

Shares of Elon Musk's EV maker have tumbled 29% in under 10 weeks, closing at their lowest level since May on Wednesday. The result has been a massive decline in Tesla's market capitalization, from nearly $800 billion to just above $550 billion.

That decline is close to the entire market caps of Netflix ($259 billion) and Coca-Cola ($257 billion), and larger than the entire market value of American Express ($158 billion) and Nike ($148 billion).

It's also more than twice as big as Starbucks ($104 billion) and more than triple the size of Chipotle ($71 billion), FedEx ($62 billion), and Palantir ($58 billion).

The precipitous decline has fueled a near-$40 billion drop in Musk's net worth this year to below $190 billion. He's gone from ranking first on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index to third after LVMH's Bernard Arnault and Amazon's Jeff Bezos.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,007  
I find it ironic that this thread is in Rural Living when in fact, EVs are a much better fit for urban and suburban areas. 😅

Disagree.

A local trip to town and back is about a 15 mile deal. Mid sized city is 80 mile round and the big city is about 200 round trip, the electric has done a year now to all of them and been 100% charged at home. yesterday I hauled about 500 lb of grain / senior horse feed /cat food-cat litter and groceries and still had storage left. I can't haul 2000 lb of energy logs in the trunk though, so the RAM gets fired up for that or if the snow gets really deep.

Then there was that day it was so cold the pipes froze and we were in a hurry to help FIL and the Tesla was the only one to "start".

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,008  
3-3/4 hours monologue video. You really expect us to watch that?
Maybe give us a minute area of interest to jump to
Wow! I guess I must have recovered from the COVID fog. He is a guy that I follow from time to time. I finally grasped the logic behind Bitcoin.

No need to watch because I typed out everything that I was talking about.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,009  
3-3/4 hours monologue video. You really expect us to watch that?
Maybe give us a minute area of interest to jump to
Exactly what I was going to say. Maybe summarize it (15 seconds? ). When I saw the man-bun guy talking to "Mr. Sweet Cheeks" I shut it off.
Maybe the money problem could be helped if the government stopped EV rebates and other giveaway programs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,010  
Maybe tesla owners could explain this?
2024_03_07_10.56.36.jpg