Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,891  
A Dodge electric "muscle car" sounds almost as exciting as my Aurora electric slot car set I had as a kid.
I can see it now...an arena packed full of fans watching two heavyweight Rock em Sock em robots going at it!
Z-z-z-z-z-z-z...

Ev's are only part of the new Chargers

Finally 2 doors are back,

The all-new Dodge Charger features standard all-wheel drive for all models and will offer performance choices via multi-energy powertrain options —

the 550-horsepower Dodge Charger SIXPACK H.O. powered by the 3.0L Twin Turbo Hurricane High Output engine
and the 420-horsepower Dodge Charger SIXPACK S.O. fueled by the 3.0L Twin Turbo Hurricane Standard Output engine.

Looks like new V8's are getting as rare as hen's teeth.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,892  
Thankfully my wife has a good supply of 400s, 455s, a few 350s and assorted Pontiac "goodies", heads, etc. And I'm well stocked with 360s, 390s and 401s as well as "Rambler goodies".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,893  
Finally 2 doors are back...
I dunno if that's a good move for Dodge, at this point. I loved the 2dr Challenger, and in fact was drawn to the dealership for a test drive with a Challenger Scat Pack Shaker hood in 6sp manual. Came home and told the wife I was going back to buy it the next day, when she looked it up and saw a 2 door, before reminding me we had a young kid and a toddler both still using car seats. I got the, "you're an idiot" look and speech, that any married member of this forum knows well.

I can buy what I want, but for the sake of making peace and tranquility, I started looking at the 4dr Chargers. They didn't appeal to me nearly as much at first, but now in hind sight, I'm so glad I went that direction. I really couldn't imagine life with young kids and 2 doors, and that's where I've been in the years since buying that car.

So, you have to look at the demographic buying these things. Maybe the majority have reached the age where kids in car seats is no longer a factor, we've summited that hill and are coasting down the back side. But I think they had a good plan years ago, when they made one a 2dr and the other a 4dr.

If nothing else, they're going to lose a lot of Police and taxi sales!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,894  
I dunno if that's a good move for Dodge, at this point. I loved the 2dr Challenger, and in fact was drawn to the dealership for a test drive with a Challenger Scat Pack Shaker hood in 6sp manual. Came home and told the wife I was going back to buy it the next day, when she looked it up and saw a 2 door, before reminding me we had a young kid and a toddler both still using car seats. I got the, "you're an idiot" look and speech, that any married member of this forum knows well.

I can buy what I want, but for the sake of making peace and tranquility, I started looking at the 4dr Chargers. They didn't appeal to me nearly as much at first, but now in hind sight, I'm so glad I went that direction. I really couldn't imagine life with young kids and 2 doors, and that's where I've been in the years since buying that car.

So, you have to look at the demographic buying these things. Maybe the majority have reached the age where kids in car seats is no longer a factor, we've summited that hill and are coasting down the back side. But I think they had a good plan years ago, when they made one a 2dr and the other a 4dr.

If nothing else, they're going to lose a lot of Police and taxi sales!
They are going to make both styles
2 and 4 door

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,895  
More Tesla news. New 2024 Model Y Performance are not being delivered to customers

"EPA" put a hold on them over a dispute on range. If what I have read holds they will release the no delivery on the 8th.

With all the EPA harassment of ICE vehicles, diesel Hop up shops, and manufacturers, it is almost funny to hear that an electric car has a delivery hold by the EPA.
Then again if it was my order I would not find it funny at all.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/img_2041-jpeg.1023324/

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,896  
Our church has 1000 members. I estimate about 200 cars for each service.

I have never seen an EV parked there. The hillbillies got the memo about EVs and ignored it.

I did see a Maverick there once. Baby steps I guess.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,897  
Our church probably has 150 members... But yeah, no EVs. Trucks, SUVs and motorcycles

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,898  
EV and similar all over here down the road from Tesla in the SF East Bay.

Leaving work I was the only ICE in a group of 7 cars at the stoplight.

3 were Tesla, 2 Toyota, 1 Lucid and my gasoline Toyota.

Maybe California Bay Area is the perfect spot for EVs and their cousins?

Two Ford Lightenings in the Doc lot… only ones I have seen close up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,900  
Last I check other states offered hydrogen fueling…