Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,881  
You highlight a good point. Battery tools can be quite handy, and can be run till depleted, then either swap out the battery ,with another charged one , or finish the job later. These hand tools make people get comfortable with the idea of battery machines, but out on the road with a battery vehicle is a whole different story. Battery depletion must be taken very seriously

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,882  

Yeah…. But no.
That still requires you don’t run your battery to exhaustion, so it’s like driving to a charging station.
You also would loose your potentially newer better battery to a possibly older worn battery, so it would only work if you didn’t own a battery and only rented, so you wouldn’t care.
Like swapping propane tanks

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,883  
Yeah…. But no.
That still requires you don’t run your battery to exhaustion, so it’s like driving to a charging station.
You also would loose your potentially newer better battery to a possibly older worn battery, so it would only work if you didn’t own a battery and only rented, so you wouldn’t care.
Like swapping propane tanks
I don't run my car out of fuel now so I'm not sure how much different it is. Swap takes about 6 minutes. It is expensive though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,884  
I don't run my car out of fuel now so I'm not sure how much different it is. Swap takes about 6 minutes. It is expensive though.
You attached that video to my post where I say you can run battery hand tools to a dead battery…… hence I said your video’s technology wouldn’t change that you can’t do that with a car…..
I don’t think you really needed me to explain that

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,885  
for model Y owners.

Smaller wheels and taller tires will Both improve Performance 0-60 and make the car more efficient increasing range also improve the ride quality.

I Plan to keep and wear out the expensive 21" Uberterbines and Michelins.
Also plan to buy some decent 18" summer tires for the winter rims I have and mount them up.

I like the idea of a 40+ mile range improvement on a full battery and also being able to Drop the 0-60 time into the 3.3 second range.

What an impressive combination of performance and efficiency by downsizing tires and wheels - versus the Rubber band 21's.

In other news, The new electric Charger and other variants released.

a snippet about the new electric Charger:

"The next-generation Dodge Charger electrifies a legend — the Charger will retain its title as the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car, led by the all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack, which delivers 670 horsepower, is expected to reach 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and will run the quarter-mile in an estimated 11.5 seconds.

Two-door coupe versions of the all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack and 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T will begin production in mid-2024."

Finally 2 door Chargers are back!

If the rumors on the new Model 3 performance (plaid/ Ludacris mode 3) are true, the New electric Charger is going to have very serious competition as far as the "quickest". Just the tire change above on a model YP will put it in the ball park 0-60 and close in quarter mile times.

Attachments

• FirstElectricMuscleCar 2 door Charger.jpg
    FirstElectricMuscleCar 2 door Charger.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,887  
To you it is. Just like your justifications are relevant to you. I agree it meets your needs. You can't agree it doesn't meet everyone else's. That's really the only difference. My wife pumps gas, while I piss. I'm the only person needing a stop on a 4+ hour drive, and they make fun of me for it relentlessly 😂

And then your wife has to go into the station to pee and to buy a drink or food.

When I drove my F250 truck from Texarkana to Amarillo last year we made about the same amount of stops I would have driving a Tesla and for the same time.

And an EV will meet almost EVERYONES needs since the majority only drive 40 miles a day. Have an ICE to drive on long trips.
This circular argument keeps going in circles.

EV's are here to stay. Learn it, Live it, Love it!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,889  
for model Y owners.

Smaller wheels and taller tires will Both improve Performance 0-60 and make the car more efficient increasing range also improve the ride quality.

I Plan to keep and wear out the expensive 21" Uberterbines and Michelins.
Also plan to buy some decent 18" summer tires for the winter rims I have and mount them up.

I like the idea of a 40+ mile range improvement on a full battery and also being able to Drop the 0-60 time into the 3.3 second range.

What an impressive combination of performance and efficiency by downsizing tires and wheels - versus the Rubber band 21's.

In other news, The new electric Charger and other variants released.

a snippet about the new electric Charger:

"The next-generation Dodge Charger electrifies a legend — the Charger will retain its title as the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car, led by the all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack, which delivers 670 horsepower, is expected to reach 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and will run the quarter-mile in an estimated 11.5 seconds.

Two-door coupe versions of the all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack and 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T will begin production in mid-2024."

Finally 2 door Chargers are back!

If the rumors on the new Model 3 performance (plaid/ Ludacris mode 3) are true, the New electric Charger is going to have very serious competition as far as the "quickest". Just the tire change above on a model YP will put it in the ball park 0-60 and close in quarter mile times.
A Dodge electric "muscle car" sounds almost as exciting as my Aurora electric slot car set I had as a kid.
I can see it now...an arena packed full of fans watching two heavyweight Rock em Sock em robots going at it!
Z-z-z-z-z-z-z...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,890  
And then your wife has to go into the station to pee and to buy a drink or food.

When I drove my F250 truck from Texarkana to Amarillo last year we made about the same amount of stops I would have driving a Tesla and for the same time.

And an EV will meet almost EVERYONES needs since the majority only drive 40 miles a day. Have an ICE to drive on long trips.
This circular argument keeps going in circles.

EV's are here to stay. Learn it, Live it, Love it!
"EV's are here to stay. Learn it, Live it, Love it!"
Dream on...
If that's all there is I'll quit driving!