Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,871  
And the 600 mile rated scenario you posted above is really irrelevant to most people. Who's going to drive 600 miles without a restroom break?
Who said it has to be in one trip?
With the RAV4 you can go up to 600 miles in one day or over weeks, without the inconvenience of plugging in , unplugging your vehicle

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,872  
Your fuel stop is going to be more than 5 minutes because unless you are by yourself someone in the car will need to use the restroom or go inside for food or drink.
There is really little diversion to finding a charger with a Tesla. And by the time we get out of the restroom and purchase something the charging is almost done (~20 minutes). No smelly fuel or finding a gas pump during crowded holidays.
But again the majority of your driving is going to be local and within 40 miles round trip so this tired argument is irrelevant.
I'm 71, wife 70. No offense but unless there are an awful lot of 300+# decrepit people here I've timed it and pulling into a station with low fuel light on I hop out, nozzle in tank, cc in, pump 3 clicks & back on road in way less than 5 minutes. 3 minutes, 20 seconds last fill for 400 mile range.
We never eat or drink in the car...(maybe that's the problem) .
As others have said, if we lived in a big city, drove 60m/day...charge at home overnight...it (EV) makes sense.
Yesterday I fell a 22" pine with battery chainsaw. One tree...quiet, did a great job, a full pickup load. Battery died cutting last limb.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,874  
Your fuel stop is going to be more than 5 minutes because unless you are by yourself someone in the car will need to use the restroom or go inside for food or drink.
There is really little diversion to finding a charger with a Tesla. And by the time we get out of the restroom and purchase something the charging is almost done (~20 minutes). No smelly fuel or finding a gas pump during crowded holidays.
But again the majority of your driving is going to be local and within 40 miles round trip so this tired argument is irrelevant.
Do you remember the Tesla planned route I posted several days ago? That was an extreme example but hardly unique. Yesterday I was driving to work at 6am and my low fuel light came on. I had worked the previous Friday and hadn't checked the fuel so I only had about 35 miles of range left. I stopped at one of the 10 gas stations on my 35 mile one way trip for less than 5 minutes and wasn't late for work. This actually happened yesterday, I'm not making it up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,875  
I'm 71, wife 70. No offense but unless there are an awful lot of 300+# decrepit people here I've timed it and pulling into a station with low fuel light on I hop out, nozzle in tank, cc in, pump 3 clicks & back on road in way less than 5 minutes. 3 minutes, 20 seconds last fill for 400 mile range.
We never eat or drink in the car...(maybe that's the problem) .
As others have said, if we lived in a big city, drove 60m/day...charge at home overnight...it (EV) makes sense.
Yesterday I fell a 22" pine with battery chainsaw. One tree...quiet, did a great job, a full pickup load. Battery died cutting last limb.

I'll admit my 80V Greenworks Pro saw is quiet, but battery life sucks. Last week it handled one tree, then I needed the gasser to handle the rest. It's more of a pain to take two saws everywhere I go, just in case it dies

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,876  
Millions of people fill up their gas tanks in 5 minutes , it has been well experienced for decades.......but it doesn't agree with Trad's exaggerated narrative.....so he pretends his story is correct........sad really !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,877  
My 02 cents. Ev's will work for most cars. I do really like the Model YP But..... the elephant in a dark room is using a truck to haul or tow long distance.

I just do not see it without batteries getting a lot more energy dense and lighter. Hybrids both plug in and standard are going to push up the MPG and still be able to go long distance without long charging stops for pickup truck use. I see their market share growing a Lot in the next few years.

Diesels are still the Cats Meow...- if they don't completely hang them with tier 5.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,878  
I watched about 2/3's of it. Much of what they talk about has nothing to do with EV's. And there was a fair amount of BS thrown around.
You guys are funny. How do you live to be this age and not know that Tesla was a pure EV play?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,880  
You highlight a good point. Battery tools can be quite handy, and can be run till depleted, then either swap out the battery ,with another charged one , or finish the job later. No big deal.
These hand tools make people get comfortable with the idea of battery machines, but out on the road with a battery vehicle is a whole different story. Battery depletion must be taken very seriously