Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,801  
I'm sure when the stock eventually rebounds higher than beginning of 2023 you will be here posting again?
Yeah, doubt it.
What's your beef with EV's? And why do you care so much?
I have no "beef" with EV's. I'm following EV's closely because I also follow automotive stocks in general. What makes you think I have a "beef" with EV's. I have posted positive things about EV companies when they are performing well, it just so happens that they aren't performing well right now. Does it bother you when I point out facts? Here's a fact, TSLA stock price is down whether you bought it March of 2021, March of 2022, or March of 2023 and they pay no dividends. Would you agree that stock price is a reflection of company performance or not?

This thread is titled Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2. Wouldn't it stand to reason that we could discuss the companies that make EVs in this thread?

See post #14995 "Congratulations Tesla investors, it was a good day +6.4%"

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,802  
I have no "beef" with EV's. I'm following EV's closely because I also follow automotive stocks in general. What makes you think I have a "beef" with EV's. I have posted positive things about EV companies when they are performing well, it just so happens that they aren't performing well right now. Does it bother you when I point out facts? Here's a fact, TSLA stock price is down whether you bought it March of 2021, March of 2022, or March of 2023 and they pay no dividends. Would you agree that stock price is a reflection of company performance or not?

This thread is titled Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2. Wouldn't it stand to reason that we could discuss the companies that make EVs in this thread?

See post #14995 "Congratulations Tesla investors, it was a good day +6.4%"

Hot of the press!: Stocks go up and then they go down and then they go up. Long term the dow jones index has increased.

Woah! Don't look now. Since 1450 hrs today the Dow Jones went down today.

Dow_Jones_March_2024.jpg

dogs and cats.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,803  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,807  
Would you invest in Tesla today, Mr. Ex stock "broker"? Is it time to buy?
I invest in mutual funds that have a mutual fund manager. Or buy and sell according to Nancy Pelosi's portfolio.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,808  
To be fair and honest, he said they'd go up in value after FSD was released, as in the roll-out of FSD would cause cars sold without it to go up in value after receiving that upgrade. Two problems with that:

1. FSD has not received regulatory approval, and it's unlikely it will during the original ownership of any Tesla purchased new in 2019 (when he made that claim).

2. I believe all recent talk of FSD sales has been in the form of a monthly subscription, not a purchased package. So, how would that increase the value of a car, if the buyer isn't actually receiving that value pre-paid?
The last time I checked to outright purchase FSD which is $12,000 per car. I subscribe by the month so I'll pay Tesla $2,400 every year for access to FSD. This does not add cash value to my car but it adds value to the Tesla corporation because that is $2,400 per year at No new cost to them. So if I keep it 10 years that'll be $24,000 in their pocket without them doing any flipping thing except keeping the switch active.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,809  

Elon Musk has been raising funds for about 30 years and is known in the venture capital networks. He is now funding out of net sales profits.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,810  
The last time I checked to outright purchase FSD which is $12,000 per car. I subscribe by the month so I'll pay Tesla $2,400 every year for access to FSD. This does not add cash value to my car but it adds value to the Tesla corporation because that is $2,400 per year at No new cost to them. So if I keep it 10 years that'll be $24,000 in their pocket without them doing any flipping thing except keeping the switch active.
$2400/yr buys about 700 gallons of fuel. I can drive my F150 14,000 miles for that. Basically, drive it for free!

There is a downside, I need to stay awake at the wheel. Life is full of compromises.

I am judgmental so bear with me. Someone needs to depend on FSD to be able to function, be rich, or be stupid to piss away money like that. I understand you have issues that make FSD a good fit for you, but most people will never spend that.

BTW, I am surprised that for a fellow who plans to live to be over 100, would not plunk down $12k and be set for life....unless you are making more than 20% on investing $12k, or you will keep the car less than 5 years so there is no ROI.