Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,321  
I don't shop at walmart because of the human poo's in the isles, it's an extremely dirty and poor place.

I'm in money saving mode, most product for the cheapest cost, I don't care where it comes from. I'm sitting in a chinese made chair typing on a chinese made keyboard looking at a chinese made monitor powered by a chinese made computer. In a bit I'll go put on my chinese made shoes and walk out to the shop where I'll use a lot of chinese made tools to change the serpentine belt on my daughters mini cooper.

China has been supplying the world with slave labor for decades, it's why our cell phones don't cost $10,000, and the entire reason the dollar store even exists. You want affordable stuff, you can't produce it while paying people actual money.

I don't think I have ever seen poo in the isles at Wal-mart in 40 yrs of shopping there. You might want to consider moving if that is what you are experiencing.
I do prefer Target over Walmart but unfortunately Walmart is 25 minutes closer to me.

My wife tries to shop at the local grocery to spread the business.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,322  
You must have a split-phase inverter, or two 120V inverters on two separate PV strings to run 240V.

3000W isn't going to start much of any inductive power tool.

When the time comes I am just going to do another inverter.

A little bit ago I had this sky and was making this electricity.
1715000232601.png

1715000248442.png

And that ain't bad.

On a sunny day I will do much better.

I run everything through a manual transfer panel
1715000408002.png

The letters on the transfer panel match up with what I have marked on the main panel.
1715000446080.png

At full tilt I pull a bit of juice out of the battery bank.
1715000642347.png

It is NOT grid tied, so the extra goes no where.

I can run for about a "day" before I hit low voltage cutoff on the battery bank. I can also drop the load to nothing on weeks like we have been having here lately where all it does is rain, very little sun. Currently nothing is on battery/solar as basically nothing is going in. Running all my battery tool chargers hit it with about a 14A draw. On days like we have had I don't make that so I am at a loss.

I have a 3 axis tracker that is still waiting for me to get off my duff and install it. I also still have solar panels on the ground. I have quite a bit to do.

I want to get all that done and going, as well as a general clean up of the mess of wires (happens when you grow your system) before changing to 220. DIYsolar.com is a great place to visit if you want to do solar yourself.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,323  
That's quite a feat. Filling a 45-50 gallon diesel tank in under 90 seconds. Especially if you counting the time once you get of your truck.

I only have a 30 gallon diesel tank and by the time I get out my truck to the time I get back into my truck after filling tank (normally from 1/2 full) its at least 5 minutes.
We have high flow nozzles at a few stations around here for diesel. They're physically larger, and won't fit into smaller tanks/cans, but they fit into the excursion.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,324  
Welcome to the EV world.

One thing I noticed at the superchargers when traveling is the diverse demographics of Tesla owners.

Why doesn't your hood open easily?
The hood was not designed to be opened, it has no "user serviceable parts". But I'm not a user and I want in.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,325  
The hood was not designed to be opened, it has no "user serviceable parts". But I'm not a user and I want in.

Wait...wut? Is there no storage area under the hood?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,326  
I don't know who he is but he's a bit of an idiot. "I'm all in for $20k". Yeah, there's not a whole lot of cars that wouldn't be an amazing value brand new for $20k. He's a cheap pos. Every car manufacturer would go out of business following his business model.

Mean while I spent the afternoon in the shop working on the mini.

M1SFfVe.jpg
Rich started buying wrecked and flood damaged Teslas many years ago and found ways to resurrect them. He did this before Tesla shared service info or parts

He is cheap, but no idiot and was involved with starting one of the early non factory electric vehicles specialty garages to service EVs.

He and his contacts may be one of the best hopes for keeping troubled Fiskers running if the corporation is liquidated.

He has also converted Teslas to ICE power.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,328  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,329  

Ford Achieves 36% Surge in Hybrid Sales, Elevating to Third Place Among Top U.S. Sellers​

Ford recently said that they sold 36% more hybrid cars in the first part of 2024 compared to before. This makes Ford the third biggest seller of hybrid cars in the U.S., behind Toyota and Honda.

This growth is different from Ford’s electric car business, where they lost $1.3 billion in the same period. Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO, is happy they decided to make lots of hybrid cars years ago, saying, “I’m very thankful we did.”

The bigger electric car market is struggling because there aren’t enough cheap models. This is good for Ford, as more people are interested in their hybrid cars.

Before, some people thought hybrid cars were just a temporary thing until everyone had electric cars. But now, more people like them because they’re cheaper and use less fuel.

Hybrids Are Gaining Popularity as Electric Cars Stay the Same​

The prices show why people are choosing hybrids more. On average, people paid $42,500 for hybrids in November 2023, which is much less than the $60,500 for electric cars. This is important because people want to save money, especially when the economy is uncertain.

Toyota and General Motors are also seeing these changes. Toyota is doing well because they have lots of hybrid cars, with an 84% increase in sales.