Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,351  
That sounds serious. The USA has been fighting distant wars for the pasta 125 years. We could be subject to gas rationing again. I feel lucky to the last house on our 3 Phase Grid that feeds three single phase grids feeding other communities. With the two EVs and 36 volt EZGO serving as a mini truck around the place for feeding etc. I think we would be okay most likely power wise. It boggles my mind that people in the world today are thinking about preparing for war.
France isn't going to war, they're making weapons for Ukraine. I never heard of the pasta wars, wouldn't that be Italy? I wonder if they're making EV tanks :unsure:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,352  
The fine thing with electric energy is all the different ways you can produce it, under ww2 when it was gas shortage we here in Scandinavian used short and thin firewood to power ICE cars, not a particularly clean or efficient way of making fuel.
875283450.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,353  
Chicago Files Suit Against Big Oil | OilPrice.com

As inner cities struggle to meet their medical needs and pay for them. We may see more of these kinds of lawsuits because big oil has been getting a free ride on their health care cost and damages per some sources.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,354  
Do not take the talk of war seriously. The EU is in trouble, and they are distracting their people with "fake news".

In the US, I can see terrorist attacks on our infrastructure. Gale, that will affect our power grid so your reliance on EVs leaves you more vulnerable. If your part of the grid goes down for weeks/months, you are in trouble. With an ICE you can drive 50 miles to any gas station and get tanked up for another 300-400 miles.

I am a prepper and would never put all my eggs in one basket.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#15,355  

The ICE spiral is getting more attention as EV prices continue to decline at the wholesale level.

Yes thats another consideration. If EVs get considerably cheaper than their ICE counterparts...some people will opt for them even with the range/charging infrastructure challenges.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#15,356  
Do not take the talk of war seriously. The EU is in trouble, and they are distracting their people with "fake news".

In the US, I can see terrorist attacks on our infrastructure. Gale, that will affect our power grid so your reliance on EVs leave you more vulnerable. If your part of the grid goes down for weeks/months, you are in trouble. With an ICE you can drive 50 miles to any gas station and get tanked up for another 300-400 miles.

Do you really think in a grid down situation you will still be able to buy gas? No way. It will be mayhem. If the gas station even has power to their pumps there will be a massive panic run on it. Think COVID and toilet paper...can you imagine no power? Sorry but I see more of an advantage to EVs for those that generate their own power...such as solar setups with battery backups. Self sufficient. I can build that charging infrastructure. I cant drill an oil well and build a refinery. Biodiesel maybe?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,357  

As inner cities struggle to meet their medical needs and pay for them. We may see more of these kinds of lawsuits because big oil has been getting a free ride on their health care cost and damages per some sources.
More ******* BS. These are the same cities going bankrupt. The same cities that did not invest in decent public transportation for their citizens. The same cities that cannot, or will not, enforce laws to keep people safe on the limited public transportation they do offer.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,358  
Do you really think in a grid down situation you will still be able to buy gas? No way. It will be mayhem. If the gas station even has power to their pumps there will be a massive panic run on it. Think COVID and toilet paper...can you imagine no power? Sorry but I see more of an advantage to EVs for those that generate their own power...such as solar setups with battery backups. Self sufficient. I can build that charging infrastructure. I cant drill an oil well and build a refinery. Biodiesel maybe?
It is unlikely to be a total power outage. If it is, you and yours are dead in days or weeks unless you have an armed force.

Think about power outages caused by storms. People have no power for anywhere from 1-14 days. Multiply that if major parts of the grid go down. I have a whole house generator and two 500 gal tanks of propane. I will not waste it charging an EV. I can go 30-60 days.

During every power outage I have been through, I was always able to get fuel somewhere. When your power is out, you are toast.

BTW, not many folks have solar set ups so that will only work for a few people.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,359  

In the US, I can see terrorist attacks on our infrastructure. Gale, that will affect our power grid so your reliance on EVs leaves you more vulnerable. If your part of the grid goes down for weeks/months, you are in trouble. With an ICE you can drive 50 miles to any gas station and get tanked up for another 300-400 miles.

Europe has had wars with Russia for many hundreds of years, so the attack on Ukraine makes a big difference. The EU does not have any army but probably we might see a move to get atomic weapons to hold the peace.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,360  

A crime infested mal-run city with endless issues, does a ridiculous virtual signing, look over there, let’s sue oil companies.
That dirty city wouldn’t have grown, and heated itself through winters and powered its industries if it wasn’t for all the virtues of fossil fuels they were lucky to have used through the years.
Disgusting
Just more clown world