Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,341  

I really hope the 30% that are predicting Tesla bottoms at or below 100 are correct. I will be a buyer around 120.

Morgan Stanley: The bears outnumber the bulls 2:1​

In a recent note, Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas highlighted the results of a survey he conducted in which 60% of respondents expect Tesla shares to underperform the S&P 500 throughout 2024, while only 26% expect the stock to outperform the index.

Jonas added that 75% of respondents believe Tesla shares have yet to bottom out for the year; nearly 30% believe that the stock will bottom at or below a share price of $100.

"Bearish respondents outnumbered bullish responses by more than two to one," Jonas said.

Less than a quarter of respondents currently see Tesla as a strong way to invest in artificial intelligence.

"From our recent conversations with investors, Elon Musk is seen as making some effort to distance Tesla from the AI theme for 2024, allowing investors to focus on the deteriorating EV demand narrative," Jonas wrote, maintaining his $345 price target.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,342  

The ICE spiral is getting more attention as EV prices continue to decline at the wholesale level.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,343  
They can't be too desperate ;)

German town votes against Tesla plans to expand ‘gigafactory’​

The residents of a small German town where Elon Musk has built a Tesla factory has thrown a spanner in the works by rejecting plans to expand the complex.

The majority of residents of Grünheide in Brandenburg, an hour’s drive south-east of Berlin, voted against proposals to build new infrastructure intended to improve access to the site and allow easier transport of the finished vehicles, including a freight depot and warehouses.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,344  
Germany needs a lot of skilled workers in the arms manufacturing.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,345  
Germany needs a lot of skilled workers in the arms manufacturing.
Good point. It never hit me how Western Europe has disarmed themselves over support of Ukraine when the 800 lb gorilla is still just the other side of the fence.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,346  
Good point. It never hit me how Western Europe has disarmed themselves over support of Ukraine when the 800 lb gorilla is still just the other side of the fence.
Well, nobody in the west was ready for a ww2 scenario, everybody did think a small but super advanced military was the answer, did work fine in the third world.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,347  
France is talking seriously about going to war production, rolling out conscript in several Europe country's, my youngest son will probably have a one year mandatory service, we have conscription for all citizens but very few have been called in since the cold war ended. And EVs will be a part of reducing the dependency on imported fuel.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,348  
I don't think there should be an income limit. If you are successful and built your wealth why should you be penalized?
If someone is wealthy, they do not need the tax credit. But I do not support EV tax credits for anyone. I abhor government overreach and interference when it is not for the "common good" and even for the "common good" it can be abused to push agendas.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,349  
...you see people (once in a great while) driving with a gas hose hanging from their car.
I worked thru most of high school at a gas station, and it happens more than you'd think.

One of my coworkers grabbed a spare pump handle, attached one of those fake prosthetic hand/arm things to it that used to be sold as a gag to slam in your car door, and drove around town with the pump handle and attached hand sticking out of his car's filler nozzle. He ended up getting pulled over and a stern scolding from the police, over that move. :ROFLMAO:

I'll admit, it did look like he drove off while filling, and tore some poor pump operator's arm off in the process, at least in-passing.

1708546860103.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,350  
France is talking seriously about going to war production, rolling out conscript in several Europe country's, my youngest son will probably have a one year mandatory service, we have conscription for all citizens but very few have been called in since the cold war ended. And EVs will be a part of reducing the dependency on imported fuel.
That sounds serious. The USA has been fighting distant wars for the pasta 125 years. We could be subject to gas rationing again. I feel lucky to the last house on our 3 Phase Grid that feeds three single phase grids feeding other communities. With the two EVs and 36 volt EZGO serving as a mini truck around the place for feeding etc. I think we would be okay most likely power wise. It boggles my mind that people in the world today are thinking about preparing for war.