Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,101  
Fantastic!
So we're covered until 2034 and/or 100,000 miles!
Yay!!!
Tesla:
Tesla WarrantyWarranty LengthBasic Vehicle Limited Warranty4 years/50,000 milesSupplemental Restraint System Limited Warranty5 years/60,000 milesBattery and Drive Unit Limited WarrantyModel S and Model X: 8 years/150,000 miles Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive: 8 years/100,000 miles Model 3 and Model Y Long Range or Performance: 8 years/120,000 milesParts, Body and Paint Repair Limited Warranty*1 year/12,500 milesBody Rust Limited Warranty12 years/unlimited miles.
When yours needs repairs they'll come to your house!
Tesla has had to offer the driveline warranty after the initial Model S drive unit bearing failures.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,102  
You know why Kia has a 10/100 powertrain warranty?

Because their product had such a bad reputation they had to offer the warranty or go out of business.
I'll post them again in case you missed it

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,103  
Grump

I am not an EV hater. Once (if?) they make sense for me I will get one. Until then, they suck for where I live and what I need.

Some of the stuff you spout does not pass the smell test. Like your local Kia dealer has two service bags installing engines full time. You have to keep the lies reasonable to be believed.

Well there is such a thing as a KSDS update... and

KIA was in a Class action lawsuit on the 2.0 and 2.4 direct injected engines 2011-2019 cars They settled and are replacing engines once certain conditions are met.

" final approval of a class action lawsuit known as In re: Hyundai and Kia Engine Litigation , No. 8:17‑cv‑00838‑JLS‑JDE and Flaherty v. Hyundai Motor Company, et al. , No. 18‑cv‑02223 (C.D. Cal.) allege that 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Optima, 2012–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sorento, and 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sportage vehicles suffer from a defect that can cause engine seizure, stalling, engine failure, and engine fire"

My Niece's Sorento was a problem child, and was one of the ones that caught on fire. They fixed the underhood damage, but she did not trust it after that.

Then she almost got took on buying a wrecked used RAM 1500 that the carfax was Completely wrong on That was my fault believing a Carfax. Luckily her brother checked it out and found the front end and radiator core support had been replaced with a bunch of parts from a wrecking yard.. They were selling it as Certified, should have been salvaged rebuilt title and a new paint job..

Finally bought a new RAM and it has been great.

That's why I read this thread...grump is such a hoot!
Per Marketwatch:
"Yes, Kias are reliable cars. J.D. Power ranked Kia the most reliable mass-market manufacturer in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Kia vehicles also have one of the industry's longest powertrain warranties: 10 years/100,000 miles.Dec 13, 2023"
So grump should check with GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. and report back "those local dealers stock new engines and has (have?) 4 service bays installing engines full time."

Keep it going!

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,104  
https://www.dailywire.com/news/****...ctric-vehicles-as-consumer-demand-remains-low

The administration backing away from pushing EVs... Due to low demand

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,105  

The administration backing away from pushing EVs... Due to low demand
When I try the link:
2024_02_18_00.48.42.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,107  
Well there is such a thing as a KSDS update... and

KIA was in a Class action lawsuit on the 2.0 and 2.4 direct injected engines 2011-2019 cars They settled and are replacing engines once certain conditions are met.

" final approval of a class action lawsuit known as In re: Hyundai and Kia Engine Litigation , No. 8:17‑cv‑00838‑JLS‑JDE and Flaherty v. Hyundai Motor Company, et al. , No. 18‑cv‑02223 (C.D. Cal.) allege that 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Optima, 2012–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sorento, and 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sportage vehicles suffer from a defect that can cause engine seizure, stalling, engine failure, and engine fire"

My Niece's Sorento was a problem child, and was one of the ones that caught on fire. They fixed the underhood damage, but she did not trust it after that.

Then she almost got took on buying a wrecked used RAM 1500 that the carfax was Completely wrong on That was my fault believing a Carfax. Luckily her brother checked it out and found the front end and radiator core support had been replaced with a bunch of parts from a wrecking yard.. They were selling it as Certified, should have been salvaged rebuilt title and a new paint job..

Finally bought a new RAM and it has been great.
Thanks. What grump posted doesn't apply to what I've ever had or have now.