Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,081  
Those electric parking outlets for apartments are in what state? Probably for heat (what is the Amp rating) not for charging and not in the southern states.
But we supposed to believe how "terribly difficult" and apartments will never get power to the street.

Clearly landlords provided an amenity tenants required, else they would rent elsewhere.

Block heaters are at least 1000W, usually 1500W. Perfect for L1 charging.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,082  
Government taxes on ICE vehicles and fuel cripple ICE. Subsidies for EVs and other "bennies" for EVs drove the move to EVs. Those fools will be in for a rude shock when those incentives disappear. And they will.
So what? One day the nanny government will apply the same taxation to EVs as ICE. Meanwhile Norwegians are enjoying the ride. The part going over your head is how they are not finding the EV to be a problem in the cold.

There was a member from Norway that posted their electrical costs went up dramatically (tripled IIRC) in spite of over 80% of their power coming from hydroelectric generation. Wait till that house of cards falls down.
Nanny government runs the utilities, is looking to recoup lost taxes.

Anyone who believes this "proves" EVs are the answer for America lacks critical thinking skills.
No one here but EV Haters such as yourself have promoted that notion.

Those of us who have EVs are saying we find EVs work very well. If I had need to make a 2800 mile road trip I wouldn't hesitate to choose my Model Y over the F-150. Unless I needed to haul a refrigerator, bed, dresser, etc.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,084  
Grump

I am not an EV hater. Once (if?) they make sense for me I will get one. Until then, they suck for where I live and what I need.

Some of the stuff you spout does not pass the smell test. Like your local Kia dealer has two service bags installing engines full time. You have to keep the lies reasonable to be believed.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,086  
Tesla to build a huge Supercharger facility in CA at intersection of highways 5 and 46. 160 Supercharges.

And you guys thought I was joking about turning old K-Mart parking lots into charging stations,

A gas pump can fill 8-10 cars per hour. (300+ mile range each fill). A Supercharger gives you 2/3 of a fill in 25-30 minutes. 200 mile range.

One gas pump delivers about 3000 miles of fuel per hour. One Supercharger about 400 miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,087  
Some of the stuff you spout does not pass the smell test. Like your local Kia dealer has two service bags installing engines full time. You have to keep the lies reasonable to be believed.
Is a fact I know. They have cars lined up for engine replacements under Kia warranty.

However I think the engines being replaced were built in the USA.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,089  
Local Kia dealer stocks new engines and has 2 service bays installing engines full time.

Korean junk. For the few lucky owners of Korean junk cars many are falling apart after the warranty.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,090  
This thread boils down to:
If you don’t own an EV your opinion is worth almost nothing.
You are an ignoramus with an agenda.
Nuff said.