Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,951  
Quite to the contrary. I do spend time elsewhere. But you simply can not grasp how in a metropolis of 491,000 there are only (2) Supercharger sites and no need for more.
So I guess you are counting on very few additional sales of EVs....welcome to the EV realists side ! ....... maybe the death spiral of EVs ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,952  

What does a person with diarrhea and an electric car owner have in common?​

They both hope will make it home

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,953  

What does a person with diarrhea and an electric car owner have in common?​

They both hope will make it home

hur dur.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,954  
Here's a bargain if you don't mind taking a risk. There's an update to the story saying it might be impossible to get one anyway.

Desperate Fisker Drops Ocean Base Price to $24,999 in an Attempt to Survive​

Fisker just announced major price cuts for 2023 Ocean models, and we mean major. The entry-level Ocean Sport now costs $24,999 before destination charges. That easily makes it the cheapest EV in America by a wide margin, beating the Nissan Leaf by a few grand. In fact, the Ocean easily slots onto our list of the cheapest SUVs you can buy.

It's not just the base model getting a tempting price tag. Fisker cut the range-topping Ocean Extreme nearly in half, dropping $24,000 from the sticker. It now starts at $37,499 (down from $61,499) and that gets you a dual-motor SUV with 564 horsepower in Boost Mode and a 0-60 mph time under 4 seconds.

The Ocean also has an EPA-estimated range of 360 miles and comes standard with niceties like a panoramic sliding roof, a plethora of driver-assist systems, a banging stereo, and more. Or if that's too much, the mid-range Ocean Ultra's price is now $34,999 and you still have 350 miles of range with sub-four-second sprints to 60 mph.

We aren't trying to sell Fisker Oceans. The price drops are just that extreme when compared to other SUVs on the market, electric or combustion. Furthermore, Fisker says some of these models have up to $7,000 in options included in these prices. And while they're 2023 models, they have the latest software installed for 2024.

PriceRange
Ocean Sport$24,999231 Miles
Ocean Ultra$34,999350 Miles
Ocean Extreme$37,499360 Miles

Of course, the elephant in the room is Fisker's current financial state. The company stated that, on its present course, there aren't enough funds in the bank to make it through the end of the year. Reports of recent talks with other automakers on possible investments offered some hope, but those talks—allegedly focused on a partnership with Nissan—ended without a deal.

Fisker struggled to get the Ocean to market, but over 10,000 models were built in 2023 with approximately 4,700 delivered to owners. Is this significant price cut enough to woo buyers into a vehicle built by a company that could be bankrupt by this time next year? That remains to be seen.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,955  
Price cuts and incentives for the car of the future, because they are so amazing.

They say, when you have too much business, your prices are too low. So what does it mean when you have to pay people to buy your product? 🤔

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,956  
Fisker never became the car of the future.because they never developed a strong positive cash flow or an EV monopoly in the North America market. Copying Tesla has yet to be done yet.

Yesterday Tesla upgraded my model y to the AI version 12.3 of FSD. Left turns at lights or on open road is finally smooth. I have noticed in the few miles I've driven it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,957  
Oh Boy a new UK electric economy vehicle

3 HP Top speed 28 MPH

For once I will call the Model Y good looking in comparison. If a Tesla is a toaster, this is an electric trash compactor.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,958  
What city area next to you, is it , that you speak of with 491,000 residents?

According to your profile you live in Madison Alabama right?
There’s not a city in all of Alabama with a population that high, nor north into southern Tennessee
🤔
"Metropolitan Area". I didn't say "city".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,959  
So I guess you are counting on very few additional sales of EVs....welcome to the EV realists side ! ....... maybe the death spiral of EVs ;)
Not at all. Teslas are fairly popular around here. Everyone charges at home because we don't have regressive government heavy handed regulation.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,960  

When States ban the sale of ICE the EVs will be a target for frustrated people who can not or do not want an EV. Vandalism, Road rage, etc . . . They need to make all EVs bullet proof. There is no way I would be driving an EV The year ICE Vehicles are banned.