Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,941  
I corrected your post with the capital letters at the end.
Quite to the contrary. I do spend time elsewhere. But you simply can not grasp how in a metropolis of 491,000 there are only (2) Supercharger sites and no need for more.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,942  
But that is what you have when there is limited range not suitable for long trips and recharging stations are at gas stations reenforcing the concept. Maybe EV owners need to embrace the gas station concept.
My sister drove 700 miles on Tuesday in her 2023 Model S. Tesla nav routing asked her to stop twice to charge. She stopped more often for biological reasons.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,943  
I live in suburbs. The metropolitan area has 491,000 residents and (2) Tesla Supercharger sites. One is located on I-65s.
What city area next to you, is it , that you speak of with 491,000 residents?

According to your profile you live in Madison Alabama right?
There’s not a city in all of Alabama with a population that high, nor north into southern Tennessee
🤔

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,944  
Sure, who doesn't love sitting around 30 minutes every few days to get their routine fill?

You continue in your refusal to understand the difference between an interstate rest stop and a convenience store on every street corner. You continue to pretend an EV must emulate an ICE in every respect. Wise man once said, "If IBM had invented the automobile the controls would have been horse-compatible."
Just makes sense. There are people, security cameras, restrooms, snacks. But no you want to be like a sitting duck elsewhere ripe for a thief to rob, like some remote parking lot. Use what is available and people feel comfortable with. Just makes common sense.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,945  
I read another environmental eval article today - regarding EV's. Not good news. More and more folks are seeing the pitfalls. It was a world wide eval of EV's.
I did not know - China is increasing the build up of electric production. It entails the use of coal, heavy oils and natural gas. Totally offset any benefits of EV's.
In the USA - people are simply NOT buying EV's as industry had predicted. Major manufacturers are scaling back production and anticipated profits.
I can see the headlines of the near future - "Do you remember when EV's were supposed to be the salvation of the earth?". "Do you remember when the EV bubble burst".
Let's face up to it - Neither our culture, our economy, our infrastructure are ready to fully embrace what EV's might offer.
Who really cares in the end? If you are in the market for a new car, test drive an EV of your choice.
You will be surprised at how comfortable and convenient it will be.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,946  
Just makes sense. There are people, security cameras, restrooms, snacks. But no you want to be like a sitting duck elsewhere ripe for a thief to rob, like some remote parking lot. Use what is available and people feel comfortable with. Just makes common sense.
If we look at the program rolled out about three years ago to install thousands of chargers on highways, at last count four had been installed.

If EVs "take off", people who travel long distances on interstates will be lined up at interstate charging facilities. Their 30 minute top off might take hours.

Look at the line ups that occurred in Chicago during their cold snap and many vehicles abandoned. One cannot abandon your car on the interstate and call Uber.

EVs will work for a large portion of suburbanites but many other sectors of the population will face challenges. The EV fan boys here are likely in that subset, and EVs work for them. Most EV fan boys seem reasonably intelligent, and it makes we wonder why they cannot understand and accept the reality others must deal with.

They appear to live in Egypt...the state of De Nile.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,947  
My sister drove 700 miles on Tuesday in her 2023 Model S. Tesla nav routing asked her to stop twice to charge. She stopped more often for biological reasons.
Good thing there was 3 or 4 "gas stations" available to her.....and I am starting to realize Tesla drivers seem to have higher incidence of bladder problems.....maybe there is something toxic in the upholstery ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,948  
Sure, who doesn't love sitting around 30 minutes every few days to get their routine fill?

You continue in your refusal to understand the difference between an interstate rest stop and a convenience store on every street corner. You continue to pretend an EV must emulate an ICE in every respect. Wise man once said, "If IBM had invented the automobile the controls would have been horse-compatible."
What EV haters don't understand and refuse to understand is that the majority of charging for most EV owners is done at home.
The only time I'm waiting to charge is when I'm on the road for a long trip which seldom. The average mileage people drive every day is about 50 miles.
Who wouldn't love to fuel their vehicle at home? It's really a no brainer especially since the guvmint is giving those EV buyers money.