Basic small engine problem - What fixed it?

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it? #21  
It’s been several months back or maybe even years that someone was having small engine problems, a chainsaw as I recall. I posted something like “it’s probably not the problem but I’d stick a spark plug in it to make sure”. Of course this thread went on a while with solutions that didn’t fix it. I finally posted “did you ever put a spark plug in it?” You guessed it, spark plug fixed it. I’ve had one go bad exactly once in my 61 years of life but I also figure it probably needs one anyway when you start having problems.
I don't even want to count how many I have found over the years. Shop pack box of J19LM (24 plugs) that would run for about 5 minutes and quit. NGK plugs used in Honda ATV's that will fire between the center electrode and the plug housing not the normal spark gap which won't fire under compression about a dozen times. More NGK that short out and stop firing, or misfire while trying to start in other Honda engines. Box of 4 of RN14YC that wouldn't restart hot when used in Kawasaki engines

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it?
It’s been several months back or maybe even years that someone was having small engine problems, a chainsaw as I recall. I posted something like “it’s probably not the problem but I’d stick a spark plug in it to make sure”. Of course this thread went on a while with solutions that didn’t fix it. I finally posted “did you ever put a spark plug in it?” You guessed it, spark plug fixed it. I’ve had one go bad exactly once in my 61 years of life but I also figure it probably needs one anyway when you start having problems.
Trying the easiest and cheapest fixes first seems a good idea as long as they do no harm.

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it? #23  
I often find cleaning and regaping the plug is good enough. They are not as cheap as they use to be. As much as 7 bucks at the box store.

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it? #24  
I needed a Champion plug just yesterday.. wife was already at Wally World so I text her.. they didn’t have it..
Do I looked online and EVERYONE wanted 10.00.!!!
I REALLY needed one so I went to the local hardware store..
the man came back with it in his hand, tapped on the computer and said, $3.12..
HUH.?? I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.!!
I looked at him and said, “I’ll take 2 more”.. lol

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it?
I needed a Champion plug just yesterday.. wife was already at Wally World so I text her.. they didn’t have it..
I got the plug that solved my problem off of another machine that somebody gave me.

/ Basic small engine problem - What fixed it? #26  
That is great when you have a local store that sells stuff still at a reasonable price. My local Ace is $5 plus for a plug now. The Autoparts store may be $4 plus. Forget Lowes or the Orange rip off chain.

My local Walmart only carries Autolite. The prices are still very low. I have never used them much. I try to stay with Champion on USA engines and NGK on Asian.