Barn Photo

/ Barn Photo
Re: Barn Photo, South end

Here's another view.

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Barn Photo #12  

With a building such as good as that, I'm kinda thinking you might have plans for the future of selling new and used Kubotas...oops New Hollands. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Jim, all kiding to one side you did a great job!

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Barn Photo #13  

Or maybe restore a Farmall in there /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif A Cub would look mighty nice next to that TC18 /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Barn Photo #15  
Looks good. Did you build it your self, or have someone else do it? Was It a kit, or by plan? We just got a 4.3 acre piece of land, and are looking for barn-garage Ideas. I need a lot of space to put my toys.

Paul B

/ Barn Photo
s1120,

I had a guy with a small crew build it for me. I bought all the materials from an area lumber yard it was not a kit. Both O.H. doors are insulated in case I decide to add heat in the future. I hired a co-worker with a 350 hp diesel FEL to prepare the site, I did some of the fill sand moving and leveling with my TC18 and all of the sand moving after it was built. Still have to level off some piles of fill that are on the south end to have a gradual slope away from barn and replace topsoil.

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Barn Photo #17  
Jim, nice looking "pole barn". I'm with an earlier post, what you have is no pole barn. I've had a pole barn. The main supports were old crooked telephone poles, and was filled in with a lot of rough cut lumber. Your building is a chrystal chandelier by comparison. It's beautiful!

That other thing is a solar panel? Wow, we thought it was maybe a small ski jump...or a big motorcycle ramp...or bleachers for the local New Holland club to sit in and watch you do laps. :)

Bill Cook

/ Barn Photo #18  
Great looking pole building. I like the vinyl siding over the osb. I'll bet the TC-18 really likes living in the lap of luxury.

Question about your solar pool heater. Is that a home-built unit or one purchased from a pool supply house. I have an above-ground 27' round pool and have built a home-grown solar heater. Basically, a 4x8 ft sheet of 3/4 plywood painted flat blace, with 200 ft of black rubber hose coiled on the surface, with 1/4' plexiglass creating a clear cover for the whole thing. It's connected by garden hoses to the filter and has it's own return hose dumping into the pool. Works fine, but I'm always looking for better ideas.

Bob Pence

/ Barn Photo
Bob,

The solar panels are commercial built. I bought them from someone about 5 miles from me that advertised them for sale. They had used them on the roof of their house, six panels all together to heat water and space but had to drain them 3 or 4 months a year due to our cold cloudy weather. They had their house for sale and were finding it difficult to sell with the solar panels...buyers saw them as a potential problem.

I've only hooked up three of them as you see but have the other three. I don't see them as reliable and we are seriously considering a propane gas pool heater. They do raise the temperature on sunny days but do about nothing on cloudy days.

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Barn Photo
Bill,

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif