Banking… how things have changed

/ Banking… how things have changed #21  
We used to joke about our co-worker and his fruit jars buried in the yard. He was tight with money. He was in on the joke. It doesn't seem like a bad idea now. Thankfully I have a credit union from my old employer.

/ Banking… how things have changed
   / Banking… how things have changed #24  
Anyone who has a account with these megabanks is feeding into the system that were all comlaining about.

/ Banking… how things have changed #25  
The next coming issue is that with the way things are going with the government and the fed, we may only end up with a few banks.

/ Banking… how things have changed #26  
We used to joke about our co-worker and his fruit jars buried in the yard. He was tight with money. He was in on the joke. It doesn't seem like a bad idea now. Thankfully I have a credit union from my old employer.
If you stuff your mattress or bury jars at least it will be there at the end of the day and won't disappear in "service fees".

If they want to solve the housing crises they need to force banks to start paying interest on account savings. With inflation we are losing money every day leaving it in the bank. People are better off buying an asset that would hold some value relative to inflation.

Last edited:
   / Banking… how things have changed #27  
If you stuff your mattress or bury jars at least it will be there at the end of the day and won't disappear in "service fees.

If they want to solve the housing crises they need to force banks to start paying interest on account savings. With inflation we are losing money every day leaving it in the bank. People are better off buying and asset that would hold some value relative to inflation.

Agree. It’s so easy to see Digital money is just a form of controlling a nations subjects. We will no longer be called that warm & fuzzy term “citizens”. We are returning to an age of “subjects” of an authoritarian state.

Look at the Canadian Truckers. They revolted, but the revolt was shut down quickly when the Canadian government electronically controlled their money. It ended quickly.

Our freedom is going, going, gone. Yet people line up in droves and ask for more!! :ROFLMAO: :oops:
This is the product of 40 years of teaching our youth nothing about freedom and the steps/sacrifices needed to keep freedom alive. It’s what made our country so unique.

Freedom & opportunity. Quickly vanishing.

/ Banking… how things have changed #28  
Agree. It’s so easy to see Digital money is just a form of controlling a nations subjects. We will no longer be called that warm & fuzzy term “citizens”. We are returning to an age of “subjects” of an authoritarian state.

Look at the Canadian Truckers. They revolted, but the revolt was shut down quickly when the Canadian government electronically controlled their money. It ended quickly.

Our freedom is going, going, gone. Yet people line up in droves and ask for more!! :ROFLMAO: :oops:
This is the product of 40 years of teaching our youth nothing about freedom and the steps/sacrifices needed to keep freedom alive. It’s what made our country so unique.

Freedom & opportunity. Quickly vanishing.
The new generation can't read analog clocks or count money - thats why they want an "app" on their phones instead of cash in their wallets.

/ Banking… how things have changed #29  
If you stuff your mattress or bury jars at least it will be there at the end of the day and won't disappear in "service fees".

If they want to solve the housing crises they need to force banks to start paying interest on account savings. With inflation we are losing money every day leaving it in the bank. People are better off buying an asset that would hold some value relative to inflation.
My local bank is offering 5% on 7 and 11 month CD's minimum $1,000.

/ Banking… how things have changed #30  
Welcome to the unsexy side of the Patriot Act that seemed like such a good idea.

I did IT for a small (three branches when I left) Credit Union. If memory serves me correct, anything that looks like it could be construed to move money under the 10k limit is placed on a hold, especially if it's a rare or random event. It's also setup to monitor for fraud, scams and the like. It's a very complex system that's usual response is to tell the teller making 14 bucks an hour to throw the brakes on the transaction.

If you knew how unstable and unreliable the software controlling your money is...The mason jars stop seeming like a dumb idea.
That's on top of the usual management shenanigans.