backhoe trenching operations

/ backhoe trenching operations #11  
Except that you are supposed to lift the rear wheels slightly with the backhoe stabilizers and the front wheels slightly with the loader bucket while digging, then raise the stabilizers and the bucket slightly to put the wheels back on the ground, and use the backhoe to roll the tractor forwards or backwards. If you use the backhoe to raise the wheels while trying to move the tractor, you can very easily tilt the tractor sideways toward a rollover.

If you think you’re accidentally going to roll the tractor sideways you’d hate to see me tipping my excavator sideways to shake the dirt off the top of the blade.

/ backhoe trenching operations #12  
Almost any tractor, but especially with a loader or backhoe and no ROPS+seatbelt is full of ways to kill yourself.

I have been irritated by 'switching seats' on mine a bit, but not terribly because i don't do any real 'straight line' work with it. I do have a trencher, after all. Usually if im digging something im not going to be moving all that far during the process. So i think it depends how you use it, how much it matters. When i was trenching my 900ft water line the backhoe was fixing all the spots the trencher couldn't handle due to boulders, etc.

Ultimately i think i'd like to build an SSQA backhoe attachment for my small skid steer. A heck of a lot cheaper than a mini-x and should still be able to adjust position very easily.