Backhoe Backhoe Control Valve

/ Backhoe Control Valve #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
KB2375
Control valve Nimco CV-556 (I think)

Anyone know of a replacement for this valve?
Or a description of what to look for in a replacement.

/ Backhoe Control Valve #2  
What is wrong with the current valve? Sourcing a good replacement can be tough. Might be easer to repair the one you have.

Just with a quick look, that valve is a 6 section valve, one float spool and 5 double acting.

It has load checks on both A and B side of each spool.

It is rated @ 24 GPM and has a internal leakage of about 3 cc per minute.

It has 2 anti cavitation valves.

Main relief is set up to 4650PSI and Port relief is up to 4700PSI. (you need to know what your system pressure is to order the proper relief setting)

Knowing exactly what you need before you order is extremely important!

/ Backhoe Control Valve
Thanks, great info
Leaking again. I replaced some O rings etc a few years back, started leaking again about year later, but slowly enough I just kept adding fluid to finish project. Hadn’t used for a couple years and now leaking terribly.
I’ll take it off and look and probably look to repair again if I can source parts. Doubt it could be serviced locally but would consider it.

/ Backhoe Control Valve #4  
Michigan Iron has a parts break down on their website for this valve and you can order parts from them. Going thru a Kioti dealer is probably more expensive but might be easier. Good luck!

/ Backhoe Control Valve
Thanks.
Couldn’t find old email from last time. Changed email providers.

/ Backhoe Control Valve #6  
I have the same control on my KB2375. The bottom o-rings and the bottom of the spools are protected by the valve caps. The top of the spools aren't protected well. Only those rubber boots on the control levers to shed off anything. If there is any rust on the top end of the spools, it will shred those 0-rings. When I'm done using mine for a while, I pull up those boots and spray the top of the valve blocks and spools with fluid film. It's worked for 12 years so far.

If you do look for another control, make sure it's an open center control. Surplus center has this one which may work. 6 Spool Hydraulic Valve w/Joysticks Prince SV | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com They are pretty knowledgeable so if you give them a call, they can help you. You can see by the price, it may be less expensive to rebuild yours. Michigan Iron would be a good place. Robert there in parts has always been very helpful and knowledgeable. Without having new o-rings to measure, I have no idea what would fit correctly.

/ Backhoe Control Valve
Thanks Victor. You’re probably the most knowledgeable about this unit.

/ Backhoe Control Valve
My response from Robert:

We bring bad news. The part you need is seal kit number BC01-1000-P for each spool. This seal kit is no longer available from KIOTI due to discontinuation at Nimco. The seals can be found at local hydraulic shops. We are waiting to hear back from KIOTI for technical information you can use to match up both the o-ring and the backer washer.

If we can get some information from them, we will pass it along.

Sorry, but this is the best information we have at this time.

Bob

/ Backhoe Control Valve #9  
My response from Robert:

We bring bad news. The part you need is seal kit number BC01-1000-P for each spool. This seal kit is no longer available from KIOTI due to discontinuation at Nimco. The seals can be found at local hydraulic shops. We are waiting to hear back from KIOTI for technical information you can use to match up both the o-ring and the backer washer.

If we can get some information from them, we will pass it along.

Sorry, but this is the best information we have at this time.

Bob

Thank you for posting that information. I realize, at least my bh, is 13 years old but these are just rubber o-rings and the nylon backup washer. You'd think Kioti could keep something in stock to match up. They are more like a wear item that may need to be replaced and not that costly to have in their warehouse.

If Robert ever gives you some dimensions on those parts, please let us know. I guess until then, it's measuring and trying to find a workable o-ring. I'll be in the same boat if mine fail.

Thanks again

/ Backhoe Control Valve
Sad indeed.
Kioti or Nimco should publish the info.
I think there was another post where someone found a substitute. Maybe they will post and enlighten us.