B7800 neutral centering problem

/ B7800 neutral centering problem #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My B7800 has been failing to return the rocker pedal to neutral lately. I pulled the damper and it was very stiff, possibly inhibiting the neutral holder from centering. The neutral holder appears to be located within the center tunnel and can barely be seen through a small hole from underneath. After about an hour and a half I finally managed to disassemble the floor pan and my suspicions are confirmed, that it is located in a non serviceable location (short of splitting the tractor). To get the floor pan out the right fender must be loosened, the brake rod removed, one brake pedal removed, the cruise control removed. Numerous bolts both top and bottom removed and a lot of jiggling to get the floor pan out. Hope I can get it all back together.

The spring which pulls the holder to the neutral position is intact and moving so it is not broken, but there is a rod which the bearing on one end is destroyed. It is still connected but has a lot of play as it looks like the ball bearings are gone.

I am going to lube everything up as best as possible and see if that helps. If not I will consider replacing the damper assembly as it is easily accessible.

/ B7800 neutral centering problem #2  
So you found two problems it sounds like, maybe.

The obvious one is the bearing(or whatever it is) is damaged.

Without the damper in place does the pedal return to center, even if too fast for comfort? How stiff the damper is, is a question. It needs some stiffness to function I would think. But it should move smoothly when pressed on, simply offering resistance to slow the movement down. Otherwise you would have sudden stops which could get old (and were an issue with early BX tractors).

I have a B2910 so I am interested in your progress. Please do give us updates.

/ B7800 neutral centering problem #3  
I replaced the bearing a year or so ago and I well see if I can find the wright up tonight. I think I had some pictures too.

/ B7800 neutral centering problem
I replaced the bearing a year or so ago and I well see if I can find the wright up tonight. I think I had some pictures too.
This is what I am dealing with. Access is almost impossible.

B122D259-B59E-477D-8D26-80AF213A488B.jpeg00218A0F-D5A6-4A9E-8C2E-D29BFF688BEF.jpeg

/ B7800 neutral centering problem #5  
After looking at you picture I went and looked at mine. I took a die grinder with a burr cutter and made that slot bigger at the bottom and was able to get off and on real easy. I think you have to move the foot lever back or fwd.

After looking at you picture I went and looked at mine. I took a die grinder with a burr cutter and made that slot bigger at the bottom and was able to get off and on real easy. I think you have to move the foot lever back or fwd.

I found your previous write up and it looks like what I will do.

/ B7800 neutral centering problem #10  
I should posted before but forgot, you can kick me in the a== for not doing it. The the 6801 is only $1.95 from big bearing.