B7100 HST mid-mower questions

/ B7100 HST mid-mower questions #1  

canucklehead

Gold Member
Tractor
1979 Ford 1500, Toro 455D 10' mower w/ Renault diesel,
I have a Kubota B7100 HST 4x4. I have a front blade set up that I can move hydraulically, and I also have a rear brush cutter. I am looking at a mid-mount mower and wondering if I need any special mid-PTO set up, or if this tractor has a stock set up to handle this without any changes or modifications?

I know my JD 790 required a special/optional mid-PTO to run certain attachments, such as my snowblower.

/ B7100 HST mid-mower questions #2  
The Kubota B7100 usually has a mid PTO for the mower. The hydraulics work off the three point.

It may be possible to add one??? It may be possible to find an arrangement of the front engine pulley Or go to a rear mount mower.

/ B7100 HST mid-mower questions
I went and had a better look and also found a parts manual. I think it has a mid PTO that is driven off of the other side from the rear PTO. There is a cap/cover bolted on, so I think all I have to do is remove the cover with one or 2 bolts, and hopefully there will be a mid PTO shaft, and nothing more to do other than connect the mower's PTO shaft.

/ B7100 HST mid-mower questions #4  
There should be a removable metal cap on the mid PTO takeof.

/ B7100 HST mid-mower questions
Thanks Egon. I am picking up my mid mower deck on Sunday, so we'll see how she goes.