B3030 starting charging problem

/ B3030 starting charging problem
Here is the old what I call the alternator off my B3030. The new I installed looks just like it

Attachments

• IMG_3367.JPG
    IMG_3367.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
   / B3030 starting charging problem #12  
Only two wires...that's interesting. I wonder if the B3030 has an external diode plate & voltage regulator. Those two parts go out long before the alternator itself.

/ B3030 starting charging problem #13  
I put an ohm meter and the voltage was 12 volts at the battery even after throttling up the tractor. I checked the two wires coming out of the alternator and it was 13 volts at idle. I think the alternator is working but the charge is not making it back to the battery. As far as fuses my B3030 does not have a cab so the only fuses it has is the slow blow fuse above the starter, which is good, and then under the hood, there are five other fuses. One is the OPC fuse, one for the work lights, one for the flasher, and one is the key stop. All check good using a test light on both sides of the fuses. I'm starting to think I have issues in the wiring harness. I'm getting close to loading it up and talking it to my dealer, but I hate to if it something simple that I am missing
Did you have your multi meter set to measure AC voltage when checking the dynamo output? A common mistake owners make is to have the multiimeter set to measure DC voltage for dynamo output.
Dave M7040