B3030 3 pt hitch question

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I just got a Wallenstein BX-42 wood chipper and installed it with no problem, but when I lower the 3 point hitch it doesn't quite go to the ground (maybe a half an inch from the ground). Anyone have any thoughts.

Another question is how can you run the chipper if you aren't in the seat. When you get off the seat the engaged PTO shuts the tractor off. Obviously there is something that I am missing.

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #2  
If you push the seat up into the dump position, then engage the pto you will be all set.

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #3  
My first thought on the three point........ there is a stop. A plastic knob.... loosen it and make sure its slid all the way forward so the stop is not keeping the three point from going all the way down.

On the PTO..... put the range selector in neutral, flip the seat forward onto the steering wheel...... then start the tractor and engage the PTO. Seat has to be flipped forward.

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #5  
Great minds think alike!!! You can probably pick up the 1/2 inch extending the top link.

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #6  
   / B3030 3 pt hitch question
Ductape said:
My first thought on the three point........ there is a stop. A plastic knob.... loosen it and make sure its slid all the way forward so the stop is not keeping the three point from going all the way down.

Where is this plastic knob?

/ B3030 3 pt hitch question #8  
smfcpacfp said:
Where is this plastic knob?
I think he's talking about the position control lever. There's a plastic stop in there with a wing-nut on the back that can be slid up and down to help you return the position control lever to the exact same position. Be sure that it's slid all the way down to the bottom. I've even removed the thing a couple of times from my B3030. It will allow the lever to move forward a bit more to the "down" position. Not sure if that will buy you anything :confused:, but it's worth a try if nothing else works.