Price Check B2710 price

/ B2710 price #1  

Dave123

Hello, Thanks in advance to all who take their time to help out the new folks.
I am very seriously considering the Kubota B2710. My local dealer has a 99 rental return with 84 hours and the kubota loader for $15,750. However, a dealer 3 hours drive away has a new one with loader for $16,073. That dealer says his rental returns, which he will have back this September will sell for $3500 to $4000 below the cost of a new one -- thus about $12,000 to 12,500. My local dealer says "No way, they're crazy, they're losing money" ... etc. (I was hoping shopping for a tractor would be different than car shopping...) :)

Just wondering what other people's experience is. What is a good deal on a rental return and what should I expect to dish out for a new one?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

/ B2710 price #2  
Dave,
I would use caution about rentals.
If I had a choice I would take the unit w/ 84 hours.
How many hours would you guess the other unit will have when its return in September,also the type of work conditions it has done plus the operator.

If you can buy new I would,for than you have a fresh start.

Car shopping vs tractor shopping,well to be honest tractor shopping for me I did a lot more home work. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
Tractor shopping you have so many things to consider, Hp & Pto & Attachments & Dealerships & The use of the tractor & Etc...
Dave,just take your time deciding and have fun. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Take Care.

Thomas..NH

/ B2710 price #3  
Dave, I don't know a lot about rental returns, but it sure sounds to me like the first dealer is quoting too high a price and I doubt that the second dealer will discount one that much. However, a tractor with 84 hours on it is almost the same as new, if it had the 50 hour service properly performed and hasn't been damaged.

Bird

/ B2710 price
Thanks so much for the input. I still have the feeling I'd rather have a new one for $300 more than pay so much for a rental return even though 84 hours is low. But if the other dealer can guarantee me price and condition and approximate hours on a September rental return, then saving $4000 seems tempting. Too risky? Thanks again,

David.

/ B2710 price #5  
Out here in CA, rental returns are very popular due to the various grape harvests. The San Jose Kubota dealer still has a couple of L3010GST's and an L3710HST from last season. These all had no more than 130 hours, and these are the ones with the highest usage - the lower usage ones go first. Unfortunately - they want more for these than I can get a new one elsewhere - but hey, that's life in sillycon valley!

/ B2710 price #6  
I have gotten a quote for a B2710 with a LA402 loader for $15895 here in North Alabama. Without the loader around $13,100. I am still shopping around for a better price. Good luck!

/ B2710 price #7  
My 2c is go with the new.

Unless you have very intimate product knowledge and ability to diagnose issues before the purchase, don't feel it's worth the risk to save even $4k on a rental. How many people used it who never used one before--kind of like a demo vehicle, but worse. Can just envision all the gear grinding and overstressing from carefee and careless renters. Instruction manual, what's that....no time to read, have to move the boulders. Ooops, got it stuck....rock it out like a car..what's that smell....oh well, time to take it back..... Again, maybe not big problems, but for this level investment I want to break it, er break it in.

/ B2710 price #8  
I would go for the new one. I doubt seriously the rental units will be discounted that much, but if they were, the dealer can show where all the routine maintenance was done, and they aren't banged up I might take a chance on one at those prices. But you won't know til September I guess.

/ B2710 price #9  
You may want to call Modern Equipment in Tennesse at 800-540-1704 and talk to Steve Bowman. He beat everyone's price on the 2710 that I just bought.
Good Luck
Dale

/ B2710 price #10  
Dave,We bought our 2710/LA401 loader last summer around August,also included was the linkage to hook-up the mid-mount mower deck that we already owned.Cash price was $15,500.I know that Kubota gives there dealers summer price incentives,I would think if you shopped around,you could find a comparable price.I would also vote for a new unit,that comes with full warranty,and no dents.Not saying a rental would'nt be O.K. but I would spend a little more if need be and buy one out of the crate.Good luck,the 2710 is a super tractor,you'll like it,I'm sure.