B2650 and very cold weather

/ B2650 and very cold weather
My B2620 doesn't even get much warmer when running in the summer, using the MMM for several hours. But in past winters ( no snow this year) it even runs cooler than that when doing snow. Below zero F, I might put something in front of the radiator however. I don't have a cab.
Warm Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike , I cut out a piece this afternoon that will cover the entire radiator . In the summer I will register 3 bars most of the time if working it hard .

/ B2650 and very cold weather #12  
No cab here, and when it's this cold I still get three bars, so long as the blower is moving snow.
I have more issue with the filter plugging up (snow- powder- ice), than anything else. Working on a fix ..

/ B2650 and very cold weather
No cab here, and when it's this cold I still get three bars, so long as the blower is moving snow.
I have more issue with the filter plugging up (snow- powder- ice), than anything else. Working on a fix ..

I have used a hint that was given earlier on this forum of just moving the air intake over to one side and down a little , as you face the front of the tractor it would be to your right on what I did . It has worked for me thus far with no problems . I have checked the filter after coming in from blowing some snow and thus far it has stayed dry . Not sure how good it will work on a really windy day .

/ B2650 and very cold weather #14  
Just over a week ago we registered -22° here and I was able to get the single temp bar to show up, and I wasn't working the tractor overly hard. Non-cab model here. If the cab heater is simply a second radiator blowing heat off the coolant lines, that may be the issue. I would bet if you left the heater fan low and heat setting lower until the engine warmed up fully, then turned up the heat you'd be fine. Same thing in my truck on the way to work. Keep the fan on low setting and keep the truck a gear or two lower and it warms up in half the time, then blast the heat. If I blast the heat from the start just to get what I can from it, it takes nearly forever to get up to temp. In your case, you could block most of the radiator off and use the cab heater to keep the engine temps down ;)